Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our Pea in the Pod: Carter's 39 Week Update

Yesterday I was officially 39 weeks pregnant with Carter!  I realized that with Dawson I never went to my 39 week appointment because I was already scheduled to be induced two days later, so the doctor didn't have me come in.  If Carter stays put past Thursday, I will have been pregnant with him longer than I was with Dawson!
About two months ago, John and I guessed Carter's birth date.  We decided that each of us got a 48 hour window.  John's guess was April 5th or 6th and mine was April 15th or 16th.  Now that we're so, so close to the due date, I don't really care about being right...I would rather John's guess be accurate!  :)  We are all beyond ready to meet Carter!
Not much has changed since my 38 week update last week.  At my appointment yesterday, Carter's heart rate was between 150-155 which is still great.  He is still moving a lot.  Despite the crazy swelling that I have continued to have, my blood pressure is somehow still excellent!  I have been wearing a brace on my wrist in an attempt to help with the numbness from the swelling, but it has not really helped.  I had the option to see go see another doctor and get a shot in my wrists, but that just does not sound fun to me at all! 
I asked the doctor if he thought he would see me next Tuesday for my 40 week appointment, and he said anything could happen-but to schedule my appointment in case I was still pregnant.  He also assured me that although he's off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for Easter weekend, that if I go into labor he would come to the hospital since he's in town even though he's not on call this weekend.  That was nice to know! 
Hopefully this will be the final update before I get to say that Carter has arrived, but I have a feeling you'll be seeing a "40 Week Update."  For now, here's my weekly picture!
39 Weeks Pregnant with Carter

My Aunt Connie stopped by for a visit on
Sunday afternoon, and she had these adorable
gifts for Dawson and Carter!  Matching Tennessee
jerseys!!!  WE LOVE THEM!
I had never seen a jersey in such a small onesie
size...so cute!  I can't wait to let the boys
wear these and match!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks Jessica, I enjoyed our visit. Hope to see Dawson and Carter in their Big Orange shirts soon! Best Wishes
Connie

The Zorio Family said...

Yes, I enjoyed our visit too! Thanks for coming by!