Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Pea in the Pod: Carter's 40 Week Update

I have now made it to 40 weeks, and today is Carter's due date!  Only 4-5% of babies are born on their actual due date, but oh, how we wish Carter would be one of this small percentage!  By the time I had reached Dawson's due date, he was five days old-so I've never been this pregnant before.  I'm ready to hold my baby, but he's keeping us waiting right now! 
For most of the past week, I have kept very busy-mostly just keeping up with Dawson and keeping him entertained.  I have done a ton of walking, though.  Friday we walked for about three and a half hours at the zoo, Saturday was a busy day, and then Sunday I was up and on my feet most of the day cooking or playing with Dawson. 
John thought I was overdoing it a little, so Dawson spent some time with his Lolly and Pop, and I was able to get a lot of rest on Sunday evening and Monday!  I am very thankful for John encouraging me to rest and for my parents entertaining Dawson!  It was great to be able to rest and relax, but it possibly made me slightly more impatient for Carter's arrival!  :)  It is nice though, to feel rested for the first time in a while-and know that Dawson had a blast and was entertained the entire time.  (I think we owe Pop an entire tank of gas for his John Deere mower, because that's what Dawson did the whole time! haha)  After having many very busy days and a couple restful days, I've decided that neither is going to make Carter come until he's ready. 
I still don't have any major complaints, I'm a little achy but nothing unbearable at all!  I'm also still swollen, but, no more than I have been.  Oh, and I should mention that if we thought he looked like he was low before, now he looks even lower!  Carter still likes to move around in there, so we're enjoying feeling and watching his strong movements while we wait and wait!
This morning was my 40 week appointment, and everything still looks healthy.  The doctor estimated that he is between 8 and 8.5 pounds, but this is just an estimate.  His heart rate was still great-around 148-150.  I am scheduled to go back next week for a 41 week appointment, but I'm really hoping that I'll go into labor before then! 
Hopefully this is my last picture like this with Carter!
40 Weeks Pregnant with Carter

2 comments:

Blakeley said...

Whoa! He DOES look super low! Bless your heart, I bet it's so hard to move around. Achy and low...sounds like it won't be long now!

The Zorio Family said...

I'm hoping you're right that it won't be long! Will keep you posted!