In Carter's fourth week we also went to a playdate at the Gibson's house. Carter relaxed in their baby swing about half of the time, and I held him the rest of the time...not really a "play" date for him yet, but Dawson had a blast playing with Charlie! AND an added bonus for me, John went along since it was on his off day, and entertained the boys while Andrea gave me a much needed hair cut! She used to do my hair when we lived in Huntsville, so it was great to have a friend cutting my hair again. I had about 4 or 5 inches cut off, and I am so glad to have it shorter again! Dawson and Carter were both sleepy after their morning playdate so they conveniently both napped at the same time that afternoon!
Then that night Nana and Grandad came to babysit Carter and Dawson for about 2 hours (that's about the maximum Carter can go between feedings) while John and I had a little date! Back in March I attended the Women's Today Expo and won a free ballroom dancing class, so this made for a fun and different date! In college John and I took a semester long ballroom dancing class and had fun taking it together, so I knew we would have fun at this lesson. We learned a little fox trot (which we remembered from the college course), and then learned a swing dance! We had a lot of fun, but it was great to get back and see our boys after the lesson! Both boys did great, although after I had been back about 15 minutes Carter decided he was starving!
During Carter's fourth week I also started using BumGenius cloth diapers (and cloth wipes that I made a few months ago) on him! I was so excited to start using them, and I still am after a week-so that's a good sign!
On Saturday Carter had a very busy day! In the morning we all went to Thompson Boling Arena for my brother's high school graduation! I cannot believe that "little Logan" is a high school graduate. Congratulations, Logan! We're proud of you!
Dawson did great sitting through graduation since he sat between his Daddy and his Pop, and Carter also did really well snuggled on his Lolly's lap during the entire ceremony. In the afternoon Dawson, Carter, and I (John was sleeping because he had to work this past weekend) went to Logan's graduation party where we got to see a lot of family and friends-and Carter got to meet a lot of people for the first time while we were there too!
And now for the stats, at one month Carter weighs 10 pounds 9 ounces. His doctor was very impressed that he's gaining almost an ounce a day and growing very well!
Enjoy the pictures below from Carter's fourth week!
Carter in his shark and fish pajamas!
Carter's first time wearing a cloth
diaper!
Another picture of Carter in his first cloth diaper.
Having some tummy time.
I have been meaning to address Carter's
hair since he was born since you may remember
back to my 36 Week Update when I declared
that according to the ultrasound tech who had
been doing her job over 35 years, Carter was going
to have A LOT of hair. I was picturing a lot more
hair than what he has when she told us this, so
I was surprised when he didn't have a full head of
hair. I will say he has more on the back than on top.
In the picture above I was trying to get a good shot of
how much more there was in the back than the top, but
also of his cute swirl on the top of his head. My
sweet boy!
Carter curled up getting sleepy on the blanket
my Aunt Faye made for me before I was born.
Another picture of Carter on the
blanket made by Aunt Faye
that was his Mommy's
27 years ago.
And one more picture of Carter on the
blanket.
This blanket Carter's laying on was also made
for his Mommy before she was born.
This one was made by her Aunt Phyllis.
Look at Carter's sweet smile here!
Carter on another blanket made by Aunt
Phyllis for his Mommy before she was born.
Carter wrapped up in a doll blanket
that someone made for me when I
was little! Now I have a real
baby to wrap in this doll blanket! :)
Carter on the blanket from our good friends
the White's which was one of the first things
we received for baby Carter! He loves to snuggle
with this soft blanket!
Carter relaxing.
Saturday was the first time Carter has
worn shoes!! Dawson was thrilled because
they look like Dawson's boat shoes.
Carter wore these to Logan's graduation
party, and Dawson had to make sure everyone
saw them! What can I say, I may have two boys
but I love to dress them up and Dawson seems
to appreciate it since he wants everyone to notice!
The full outfit he wore to graduation...
seersucker sailboat outfit with boatshoes.
(Dawson wore a matching seersucker
bowtie with boatshoes).
John, Dawson, Carter, and I with Logan
after graduation!
Dawson with his Uncle Logan at graduation.
How many nephews get to go to their uncle's
high school graduation?! Pretty special!
BUT followed by a million questions, my favorite
of which was "why did Uncle Logan wear
that funny hat?"
Carter with his Uncle Logan after
graduation.
I decided that for Carter's monthly
pictures we would take some of just
Carter and some of him with his big
brother. Dawson still loves to hold
Carter, so he was thrilled hold him
and take a picture...if you can't tell
from this expression!
Carter 1 Month
Dawson 1 day shy of 3 years.
Carter's One Month Picture.
I think Carter looks SO BIG on
Dawson's lap here. Can you tell
someone is still a proud big brother?!
Carter's solo pictures at one month.
He looks so tiny in his big yellow chair!
This was NOT staged! While
I was trying to take pictures of
JUST Carter, Dawson leans over
the chair arm and kisses him on the
forehead as I'm snapping the picture!
Sweet, sweet brothers.
1 comment:
Oh my stinkin goodness! Can't wait to see your adorable boys tomorrow!
Post a Comment