On Monday, May 14th Dawson turned THREE! I cannot believe how quickly the past three years have gone! Dawson's birthday party is the weekend following his birthday, so on his actual birthday we celebrated at home! We had originally planned to go to the zoo, but it rained almost the entire day. He had a great day, anyway though playing at home!
Dawson's very favorite toy is is John Deere tractor, so we got him a trailer to pull behind it. He saw one a couple of months ago when we were out shopping, and he's talked about it ever since! He calls it a "frailer" rather than trailer, though! We didn't wrap it, but rather just had it already assembled with a bow waiting for him. He was so thrilled with his "frailer!" Despite the rain, we let him hook his trailer to the John Deere and drive around the yard for a few minutes. He loved the trailer so much that he didn't want to leave it outside, so the first couple of days he had it we had to detach it and bring the trailer inside when we came in! Silly boy. He's had fun hauling all kinds of things in that trailer, and I can say that we will never have a stray stick in our yard because he loves driving around looking for sticks to load in his "frailer" and take to the stick pile!
He also had a blast playing with his new basketball goal from Nana and Grandad. Thankfully we were able to set it up in the playroom, so he could enjoy this present even though it was rainy on his birthday. He's been having so much fun playing basketball, and he's surprisingly good at it! I was impressed.
Since I was making the cake for his birthday party, I had not planned on making one for his actual birthday. Dawson, however, informed us the night before his birthday that he was excited to blow out all his candles on his birthday. Thankfully Nana and Aunt Emmie were willing to make him a cake for Monday. Dawson has been obsessed with this bunny that is very interested in our garden, and he's even named the bunny Mr. Snacks. They made a farm-themed cake, and put a lot of rabbits on there with a sign that read: "Mr. Snacks' Farm" and Dawson loved it!
I had decided that every year starting at age three I will ask him the same 20 questions to see how they change over the years. So here's the interview with Dawson at age three:
1. What is
your favorite color? Green
2. What is your favorite toy? My trailer and my John Deere!!
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberry
4. What is your favorite tv show? I don't know!
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken Salad
6. What is your favorite outfit or things to wear? Gym Shorts, boat shoes, bow ties (hopefully he doesn't want to wear these three together!)
7. What is your favorite game? playing ROWDY with Daddy (laughing!)
8. What is your favorite snack? Suckers!
9. What is your favorite animal? owl
10. What is your favorite song? Veggie Tales
11. What is your favorite book? The Three Little Pigs by Dr. Seuss (any book title he talks about right now, he always says it's by Dr. Seuss)
12. Who is your best friend? Charlie Gibson, Daddy, and Jude
13. What is your favorite cereal? I don't know!
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride mine John Deere and chase the birdies
15. What is your favorite drink? Juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? I don't know!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Panda! Panda Doggie and Panda Turtle and BBB (big brown blanket)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Biscuit with the butter not melted (??)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mac and Cheese
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Bentley!
2. What is your favorite toy? My trailer and my John Deere!!
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberry
4. What is your favorite tv show? I don't know!
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken Salad
6. What is your favorite outfit or things to wear? Gym Shorts, boat shoes, bow ties (hopefully he doesn't want to wear these three together!)
7. What is your favorite game? playing ROWDY with Daddy (laughing!)
8. What is your favorite snack? Suckers!
9. What is your favorite animal? owl
10. What is your favorite song? Veggie Tales
11. What is your favorite book? The Three Little Pigs by Dr. Seuss (any book title he talks about right now, he always says it's by Dr. Seuss)
12. Who is your best friend? Charlie Gibson, Daddy, and Jude
13. What is your favorite cereal? I don't know!
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride mine John Deere and chase the birdies
15. What is your favorite drink? Juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? I don't know!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Panda! Panda Doggie and Panda Turtle and BBB (big brown blanket)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Biscuit with the butter not melted (??)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mac and Cheese
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Bentley!
We got a kick out of Dawson's answers to these interview questions. We especially love that he aspires to be Bentley when he grows up; that should be interesting! John told me that when he was little (around Dawson's age) he told his parents he wanted to drive a garbage truck and drink beer! Isn't that hilarious?! I would like to point out that when I was little I wanted to be a doctor. :) We got a good laugh out of Dawson's response to this question, though!
We had fun celebrating Dawson's third birthday, and I will blog about his birthday party soon! We love our big three year old boy and are so glad he had a happy birthday!
Driving his John Deere with the new "frailer"
for the first time (in the rain)!!
The trailer was waiting on Dawson when he
got up!
Look how excited!
Shooting the first basket!
The cake on his actual birthday.
Isn't it cute?!
Dawson blowing out the candles
on his cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment