Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Carter's 4 Month Update

On Monday our baby turned FOUR months old!  His four month check up isn't until next week, so I'll update with his stats then.  This past month Carter has become SO chatty!  Dawson calls this "doing baby talk."  Carter is so loud and makes such high pitched "baby talk."  He talks A LOT!  We think it's to attempt to compete with his older brother!  :)  Carter also LOVES to laugh!  He laughs all the time, and we just love his sweet, happy laugh!
Unfortunately, days after I did his 3 month update and talked about how wonderful it was that he was sleeping a 5 hour stretch at night this ended and for over three weeks he ate every 1-2 hours around the clock.  We thought he was getting ready to need something to make him feel more full-rice cereal-like Dawson did at this age, but I was determined to wait until Carter turned 4 months old before giving it to him.  The suggested age to start cereal is 6 months, but Dawson was starving at 4 so the doctor said to go ahead and give it to him.  I felt like we had to wait until 4 months with Carter, but after over three weeks of getting about 4 hours of sleep a day, I could no longer function and so on August 9th we gave Carter rice cereal for the first time!  So now Carter eats 2oz of milk mixed with a couple scoops of rice cereal in the evening, and he's back to sleeping a 5 hour stretch at night!  YAY for sanity cereal!  I feel like a person again!  He's doing well with the cereal and learning to open his mouth for the spoon.  He gets a little frustrated that I have to take time to put each bite on the spoon before it goes in his mouth, but after just a few days he's getting even more patient with this.  I love seeing him sitting his his high chair eating his rice cereal because I have such happy memories of Dawson sitting in the high chair trying all kinds of foods for the first time-and loving most all of them!  I can't believe we'll be starting to make baby food again in just 2 short months, although Carter is very content with the cereal for now!
This month Carter has started loving his exersaucer even more now that he can hold himself up a little better.  He also loves sitting in his Bumbo and looking around.  His very favorite person to watch is his big brother!  When Carter watches Dawson playing rowdy, Carter gets wild and starts flailing his arms and kicking his legs being rowdy too...so cute!  One day I know the two of them can wear each other out running and playing rowdy!
Carter is a professional roller now and rolls over all the time and quickly too!  He has also started doing laps around his crib at night.  We put him in and he moves so much even during his sleep that you never know which end of the crib he will be on or which way he will be turned when you go in to get him! 
Carter continues to be a really good baby.  Even the three weeks where he was eating all the time he was still happy-just hungry!  He rarely gets worked up and rarely cries.  We love our sweet Carter Wade so much and already couldn't imagine our lives without him in it!
Now on to the good part...
Carter 4 months and Dawson 3 years 3 months.

My sweet, sweet boys!

Carter's 4 Month Picture!

Little baby big chair!

Precious Carter.

Other than smiling, this is Carter's
most frequently made expression.
Usually he makes this face when
watching his brother-which he is
doing here.  (Dawson was hopping
around the room on one foot!)

Smiles!

Who me?!

Carter 4 months!

He has his hands in his mouth
constantly!

Carter's very first bite of rice cereal!
Haha!

And his second bite!  He liked it better
after he figured out that it was food!
You can see we had to wedge him in the
high chair between two blankets so he wouldn't
lean to the side too much!

No comments: