Sunday, August 5, 2012

Milestone: Carter's First Time at Church

Carter attended church for the first time while we were in Alabama.  Since we haven't found a church in Tennessee yet, we had not been visiting since Carter was born-although now that he's a little older we're going to start visiting again.  SO while we were in Alabama, we knew we had to go back to our wonderful church there.  We love Asbury UMC where we went the entire time we lived in Huntsville, and Dawson obviously felt the same way about it because when we pulled in the parking lot he said, "We're going to THIS church!!! I'm excited!"  Dawson was thrilled to be back there, and so it was kind of special that Carter's first "church experience" was there too!
We kept him with us the entire time and didn't do nursery because I knew he would be happy and quiet, and sure enough, he was.  He even took a nap the exact length of Sunday School in my arms which I, of course, loved!
Since we were out of town, I didn't get a good picture of Carter in his first church outfit, so we had to do a little photo shoot when we got home so he would have pictures like his big brother.  Speaking of big brother, the boys coordinated...Carter wore a blue seersucker outfit with boat shoes and Dawson wore a blue seersucker bow tie (made by his Mommy!) and boat shoes. 
On to the pictures...


No comments: