So before this room becomes the nursery and our boys move in the same room, here's a view of Dawson's room from the hallway. It's a dino theme!
This is his chest of drawers with some dinos on top. The owl seems out of place, but it's his "okay to wake" clock that turns green in the mornings when he can get up.
A close up of the wall decor above his chest of drawers. I made the D by wrapping yarn around a letter from Hobby Lobby. I also made the three canvases of dinosaur silhouette. It was an easy project, and I've been really pleased with how it turned out!
We found this dinosaur art work at Target, and it went perfectly in his room!
A view from the other side of his room so you can see the bookcase and memo board on the wall.
Everyone has to have some Tennessee Football wall decor in their room, right?! When I was expecting Dawson, one of my sorority sisters gave the piece on the left to us. Dawson enjoys having pictures of his friends on the wall in his room on his memo/photo board.
A close up of the bookcase. All dino decor!
This big dino hangs out in the corner next to Dawson's bed. The best thing about all the big dinos
This was the first thing I made for Dawson's room! I wanted to tie in the plaid bedspread and dino theme, and I've been very pleased with this hanging on his wall!
A close-up of his night stand.
A closer view of the lamp. This lamp was originally maroon and gold. I painted it blue (the same blue I used on the dino frame on the wall) and found a tan shade for it. Then I recovered the lamp shade with this cute dino fabric from Hobby Lobby and made the edging out of ribbon. I've been really pleased with this as well.
Under his plaid bedspread he sleeps on dino sheets!
One more picture of his bed. His panda (the stuffed animal he must always have) isn't on the bed since I took the pictures close to naptime and he was already snuggling with panda on the sofa!
Dawson has absolutely loved his big boy dino room, and I have too! It was fun making this room for him since he was old enough to appreciate it, and really get into the dino theme. I'm looking forward to getting the "big boy brothers room," as we've been calling it, together too. I hope to make all the supplies and get everything and be able to get them set up and moved in at the end of May after all the birthday parties are over! Dawson is really looking forward to sharing a room with Carter. Maybe I'll stay on top of the room pictures, and actually get a pictures of their room posted on the blog BEFORE they've been in it for a year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment