Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Carter's First Haircut

On Wednesday, August 21st, we took Carter to get his first haircut.  Carter has these sweet curls in the back of his hair that I absolutely love, I just think they are so sweet.  I've been putting off his first haircut because I didn't want him to loose these curls, however, over the past couple of weeks the curls have gotten a little long and have been frizz more than curls (especially since he likes to play with them...especially when he has food in his hands!).  So I finally agreed with John that we could get his haircut!
Carter's Pop has always gotten his haircut at Johnnie's Barber Shop in Knoxville.  This is also where Uncle Logan and Dawson got their very first haircuts, so it was only fitting that we take Carter to see Johnnie for his first haircut. 
First, Carter sat on my lap and watched John get a haircut.  He was completely fine with this.  Then when we put Carter in the barber chair, things went downhill.  Carter cried the ENTIRE time!  We tried to bribe him with candy, yogurt covered raisins, a sucker, and pretzels, but he wouldn't have any of it!  The poor boy just cried and cried the whole time.  Thankfully Johnnie was very patient.  After he got out of the chair he stopped crying and then decided he would eat his sucker.  I felt so bad for Carter, but I think he looks adorable with his hair trimmed up...he looks like a little boy now more so than a baby!
So her are some pictures of his first haircut, and I'm reminding myself that we will look at this pictures and laugh one day...I hope!
 
One last picture of Carter's sweet curls!

Carter watching Daddy get his haircut before it was his turn!

Before.

And it begins.  Daddy held Carter while Johnnie cut his hair.



I felt so sorry for the poor little guy!




 

But look at this adorable haircut he got!

Handsome boy after his first haircut!

 

And of course I kept his sweet curls to put in his baby book!

No comments: