Friday, August 9, 2013

Nora Kate 39 Weeks

Monday began the 39th week of my pregnancy with Nora Kate, so we're in the last couple of days of the 39th week now with my due date being MONDAY!  This has been a slightly more eventful week with me waking up around 2-something in the morning on Monday with contractions, for about 6 hours they got closer together to the point they were about 5-6 minutes apart for 2 hours-they were strong-not miserable, but stronger than Braxton Hicks.  After convincing John to go on in to work for at least a few hours, I took a relaxing shower...AND they went away! :(  The way things were going we thought Monday was going to be Nora Kate's birthday, but apparently she changed her mind! ;)
I've still been having stronger practice contractions throughout the rest of this week, but nothing like I was on Monday.  All that to say, here we are at the end of the week, and Nora Kate hasn't decided she's ready to make her debut yet! 
Tomorrow (8/10) is the date John picked a month ago that he thought she would come, and Thursday (8/15) was my guess...we will see who is right soon enough!
I went back to the doctor this morning, and everything is right on track.  I'm scheduled to go back next Friday (the end of my 40th week), but the doctor said hopefully I'll go into labor before then.  We will just have to wait and see!  We asked the doctor to estimate Nora Kate's birth weight.  Dawson (5 days early) weighed 7 pounds 13 oz; Carter (4 days late) weighed 7 pounds 13 oz; and according to the doctor, girls are usually smaller....SO based on all of this and her measurements he guessed that at birth Nora Kate will weigh between 7 pounds and 7 pounds 8oz. 
This week I managed to complete EVERYTHING on my "to do before Nora Kate list," and this was a big list!  The last thing on there was making Dawson's first day of school shirt since his 1st day of preschool is also Nora Kate's due date it made it on to this list.  Now that everything is checked off my list, I really do feel like I'm just waiting because I haven't made any big plans for us and I don't have my usual running to do list, we're just waiting on Nora Kate.  Dawson's first day of preschool is Monday, so if she would kindly wait until I have this day with Dawson, then she needs to hurry up and get here!  :)
That's about all the exciting news with Nora Kate's 39th week!  Here's the weekly picture!
 

39 Weeks with Nora Kate

 

No comments: