Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Making Our Home: NORA KATE'S ROOM

Nora Kate's room was definitely not one of the worse rooms in the house in terms of being outdated, but our changes still made a big difference!
When we started out Nora Kate's room didn't have any wall paper which was very exciting-as most rooms had wallpaper and/or borders to contend with.  
The room didn't have any blinds or overhead lighting, the walls were white (almost like they had never been painted?!), and the baseboards were in dire need of painting.  The room had these curtains which we quickly took down and disposed of.  



We had blinds installed.

We had a ceiling fan light fixture installed.  We are going with the oil rubbed bronze look, and I'm very pleased with it!  It's also simply nice to have over head lighting in this room!

We painted the baseboards and all the trim with Behr paint in the color of Benjamin Moore Dove White.

Our main color for the rest of the house is Shaker Beige (more about this in future posts), but I knew after her previous room had been pink I didn't want pink walls again.  I also knew I wanted something a little softer than the Shaker Beige.  Lennox Tan is in the same family just a shade or two lighter, and we selected this for Nora Kate's room!  Lennox Tan is another Benjamin Moore color, and we did our usual-getting the Benjamin Moore color-matched in the Behr paint.  This Behr paint plus primer is AMAZING!  It goes on so nicely and only takes 1 coat!  There are usually a couple spots here and there that require touch up, but that's it!

I think  her room still looks soft, and girly-even without the pink walls.  In fact, I think I like this combo even better!  

So now, time for the pictures....

BEFORE

BEFORE

looking in


looking in

Nora Kate's room











I'm very pleased with how it turned out!
Nora Kate's room wasn't a huge transformation compared to the rooms that have wallpaper and border, so check back soon for our update on the dining room...remember that blue wallpaper and border?!

No comments: