Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Nora Kate 19 Months

Nora Kate is now 19 months! I can't believe she's getting closer to 2 every day, but we just love how her little personality is starting to shine!
I never added Nora Kate's 18 month stats to her 18 month update because our appointment got pushed back due to the doctor's office being closed for all the snow and ice in February.  I'll post them here now.
At 18 months Nora Kate weighed 29 pounds 6 ounces (just for fun at this age Dawson weighed 27 pounds and Carter weighed 26.2 pounds).  Nora Kate is 32.5 inches tall (and again, just for fun, Dawson was 32.5 inches tall and Carter was 32 inches tall).  The height comparison is funny to me because until now she's always been shorter than the boys were at each age!  She has gotten a lot taller lately though (some of her pants have turned into capris-haha)!
The BIG NEWS for Nora Kate this month is that she's been using the potty!!  When we were snowed/iced in so much in February and didn't have much going on I started sitting her on the potty-and she just stared going!  Now she routinely goes potty 5-8 times a day, and it is very rare that I actually change a dirty diaper now because she usually always goes to the bathroom for those!  She's still wearing a diaper full time, BUT we may just try putting her in the cloth training undies before too long because she's doing so great!  I love how proud she is of herself for this too!
Nora Kate continues to love her brothers in a very special way!  As soon as she wakes up in the morning she starts asking for them.  Nora Kate and Carter play together SO well-Dawson plays with her too, but these two being so close in age have a sweet little bond!  Sometimes I'll be sitting to play with Nora Kate and Carter (while Dawson's at preschool), and they will just be playing with each other and not even me-this is really something to get used to as I'm used to them wanting me to play too.  It's so sweet to watch them!  
Here are just some random things I want to remember from Nora Kate's 19th month:
Nora Kate LOVES giving kisses and blowing kisses right now.
Nora Kate LOVES her Daddy, and she's starting to pick him over me a lot.  She gets so excited when he gets home from work that she screams!
Nora Kate can be VERY loud!  Her favorite time to talk loudly (VERY LOUDLY) is at meals-why?!
Nora Kate says love you in the sweetest way.  It sounds like "lub due".
We are starting to have some nicer weather, and Nora Kate is really enjoying being outside running around!  When she runs her little cheeks just jiggle! I love her sweet round face!  Its hard to believe that last Spring when we would go outside to play I would have to spread out the big quilt for her under a tree so she could sit and play as she wasn't even crawling yet at this time last year!  I remember how she'd sit there happily and play on the quilt while the boys ran around...now, it's a different story she's running, jumping, coloring with sidewalk chalk, and riding the Cozy Coupe, John Deere, and push trike!
Nora Kate is an expert climber!  How I got three kids that all love to climb, I'm not sure, but she can scale anything it seems like!  She has also learned (on her own, we did NOT teach her this) to run to the bathroom and get the stool she stands on to wash her hands.  She'll carry this to a room where she can't reach something and use it as her first step up.
Here lately she's been asking to sit at the table for dinner instead of her high chair, BUT I'm just not ready for that yet!  So for now, she's staying in the high chair!
Speaking of dinner Nora Kate will still eat pretty much anything!  I know usually somewhere between this age and 2 is when they start to get picky, but this hasn't happened yet!  Her favorite veggie is carrots and her favorite fruit is probably a tie between raspberries, blueberries, and bananas!  
Oh, our sweet Nora Kate.  As I always say, I could go on and one, but I'll end here with your 19 month pictures!  Your Daddy and I love you, sweet, silly, rowdy Nora Kate!








No comments: