Speaking of sleep, pregnancy dreams...why are they always so weird!? There are a few particularly odd dreams I've had this pregnancy that still make me laugh to think back on. The first was pretty early on in the pregnancy-John and I were traveling and staying in a condo somewhere. We walked in and everything was nice but there were sharks (yes, sharks) swimming through the carpet. John was very upset about this and demanded the condo rental people call pest control immediately. Is this not the craziest thing?!! It still makes me laugh when I think of it! Also early on in the pregnancy when the smell of John's coffee did NOT smell good to me at all, I dreamed that I made myself a cup of coffee. When I drank the whole cup, there was a wasp at the bottom! UGH! Where does this stuff come from!? Then just last night my dream was slightly less absurd but still very random. I dreamed that one of our friends from Alabama cooked us some of her delicious Cuban food, and brought it (all the way) to our house to eat with us.
I am still feeling great!! I can't remember if I mentioned this in previous posts, but I started having Braxton Hicks contractions way earlier and more frequently and stronger in this pregnancy than with any of the others. This is apparently very common with the more pregnancies you have. The doctor explained it as, "Your body just already knows what to do, so they start earlier."
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. We got to hear Clayton's heartbeat on the Doppler which I always enjoy. I took Carter and Nora Kate to the appointment with me (and they did amazing), but Carter listened to the heartbeat and said to the nurse, "It sounds like a choo choo train in there...or something!" Haha! He had the doctor and nurses laughing. The appointment was relatively uneventful. I mentioned to the doctor that Clayton seemed SO much lower to me than the other kids ever were which the doctor confirmed that yes he is lower that this is another thing that happens with more pregnancies, but that it is totally fine! BUT that this is also park of the reason my tailbone has been hurting just because Clayton is so low and that this is also not terribly uncommon. Yesterday's appointment was also the dreaded glucose screening, which I should know the results of soon. The kids were interested in seeing Mommy be brave for her "shot" (aka bloodwork). Haha!
Overall, Clayton is doing great growing right along ask he should! He was measuring about 2 weeks ahead, but this was the case with all the other kids for a while then they hit a plateau somewhere in week 30-something and it all evened out. I don't go back to the doctor for another 4 weeks, but after that I will be on every 2 week appointments...isn't that crazy?! Why is this pregnancy going by so fast!? I really just want to slow it down!!
We are thankful for baby Clayton and that everything checked out to be healthy at the appointment yesterday. As I mentioned today marks the beginning of week 24. One of those comparison charts compares a baby at week 24 to the size of an ear of corn. So we are just loving our little ear of corn! :)
Since today's just the beginning of week 24 I haven't had a chance to get the 24 week picture yet, but here's the 23 week picture from last week (taken by Carter, again!).
23 weeks pregnant with Clayton
(also in this picture you can see we *finally* got our French doors installed to our master bath!!! They aren't painted and they don't have doorknobs on them yet, but we have bathroom doors! I'm beyond excited!...hopefully before too too long we will have the bathroom finished and I can post all the pictures...with paint and door knobs hah!)
No comments:
Post a Comment