Here are the before pictures of the room we selected for our boys to share.
The room we picked for the boys didn't have wallpaper, but it did have a border to contend with. Luckily a border meant the wall was painted underneath, so we could use the steamer to remove the border. This was our first step. After the border was gone, it was time to paint. I had picked a color I thought I LOVED for their walls. John painted this much on the walls, and...
we both looked at it and cringed! It was way too dark for our liking in this particular room. Dawson was begging for blue walls. He was really flexible about which room was his and everything else with moving, but he really, really wanted blue walls. As much as I really wanted to stick to really neutral colors, John and I agreed we should give Dawson his request. We tried out several blues (I was still trying to go with a more neutral blue, but this was hard...many of them looked purple!). John brought home a sample for Atlantis Blue. Dawson loved it, so we stuck with it.
We painted the boys room with Atlantis Blue in Behr Premium Paint Plus Primer.
Our next step in their room was having blinds hung on the windows. It's amazing to me what a difference this makes in giving the room a feeling of completeness.
As I mentioned in the blog about Nora Kate's room, none of the bedrooms had any overhead lighting. So our next step with this room was to have a wire run and a ceiling fan and light installed.
Then I began decorating their room...the fun part!
The boys love their room. Dawson still likes to tell people HE picked the paint color (so my concession was worth it). :) We are happy with their room and so are they! Here are the after pictures...
The boys love their room!
No comments:
Post a Comment