I am going to the doctor every other week now, and while I do LOVE hearing his heartbeat...I don't love having to go to the doctor that frequently (although I know in a few weeks I'll be going every week). I keep thinking that with this being the 4th baby, they should let me come less frequently hah! The good news is that Carter and Nora Kate have gotten really used to going to my appointments with me, and they do really well. Everyone in the office makes a big deal talking to them, and they know they always get suckers at the check out desk and look forward to this! Last week for my 32 week appointment, Dawson happened to be out of school because of snow so he got to come with me too. At the most recent appointment Clayton's heart rate was 150 which is exactly what Carter's was at 32 weeks. I had to repeat my glucose tolerance test (yuck) since I had mild gestation diabetes with Nora Kate, but -great news-I passed it again! Really everything has been going great at my appointments with no concerns...it's been (thankfully) uneventful!
In terms of preparing for Clayton at home, my plan had been to 1) transform Nora Kate's room into a big girl room; 2) finish our ongoing master bathroom renovations; 3) and finally work on Clayton's nursery! Well, Nora Kate's room is ALMOST complete (I'm just waiting on one pillow to be monogrammed and a couple other décor items), and we have made A TON of progress in the past week on our master bathroom! Now all we have left in there is décor and installing the floor transition between the tile and carpet! So we are SO close to being done. In the meantime I have arranged Clayton's furniture, but I have a TON left to do to prepare. With Nora Kate's room almost done and the bathroom almost complete, I'll be able to focus on Clayton's nursery and (hopefully) have it completed by 35 weeks! A week ago I was starting to panic because we had so much left on our to do list, but after we got so much done last week in the master bathroom I'm feeling better about it! :)
The kids are getting more and more excited about Clayton. They talk about him ALL THE TIME! Nora Kate likes to YELL at my tummy and then sweetly ask if Clayton can hear her! Haha! Carter and Dawson talk about him a lot too! We have this silly little thing we do where we "take roll" every time we get in the car. I'm not really sure what started this, but we have been doing it for probably two years. Each time we get in the van, they want me to call out everyone's name and let them say "here!" Well, every time I finish "calling role" they add "Clayton? HERE!" I think it's sweet how they talk about their little brother all the time!
We are all getting excited to meet sweet baby Clayton Michael Zorio!
I plan to update on Clayton again at 35 weeks and hopefully then I will have nursery pictures to post too!
For now, here's proof that Clayton is growing!
Clayton at 30 Weeks
Clayton at 33 Weeks
(and as a disclaimer, Carter has still been taking these weekly pictures for me...so some of the pictures like this with part of my head cut off. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the 32 week pictures until I plugged into the computer to upload, but they're only of Clayton not of my face at all! Haha! He is usually really good at taking the pictures though!)
2 comments:
Ohhh, "taking roll" in the car is so so so sweet! Love it and love that growing belly!
Haha, thanks! :) I think the taking roll thing must have started around the time Dawson began preschool...but the kids love it!
Post a Comment