August was a sad month in that both big boys began school (more about this in another post), and so I started really missing having everyone home with me everyday to do whatever fun thing we chose for the day! August was a hot month, so there were many days spent playing in water in the yard and driveway!
Bentley (who lives with Lolly and Pop) stayed with us for a week in August. Dawson has always loved Bentley so much, so he was thrilled to have her here. Of course, if there's water, Bentley has to be in it!
The kids are usually so good at helping me clean. I'm not too sure about the wardrobes here-Dawson dressed normally, Carter in pajamas, and NK in a swim suit...but I love how Carter's actually vacuuming and NK is pretending to vacuum.
Our family has a rule that on Sundays everyone naps (or at least rests quietly in their rooms). One Sunday in August, Dawson and Carter asked if they could both nap together in our bed. I wasn't sure how this would go, but we let them. When I went in to check on them they were sound asleep looking so peaceful that I just had to get a picture!
Nora Kate continues to love Clayton! She is always right with him!
Since school is back in session, that means time for lots more lunches with Dawson at school. Here is his with one of his friends this year!
We did a little project this month to make the boys' shared closet more accessible to them by installing a closet organizer and two upper and two lower bars. Now that Carter can look through all of his shirts when picking his outfits for the day we have had some interesting ones. This is a tye-dye shirt I had made for Halloween (obviously), but Carter selected it the first day he could reach all of his clothes...in AUGUST!
Now that Carter's in school two mornings a week (he goes 8-11am), we have started a fun little routine of picnics at the park. One of his two school days each week, we pack a lunch and have a picnic lunch across from his school. Then we always stay to play on the playground!
Nora Kate is always SO happy to have her Carter back with her after school!
We had Nora Kate's birthday party the weekend after her actual birthday, so we had to do a little celebrating on her real day. We celebrated with a cookie cake, a trip to the Air Bounce in foothills mall, and lots of play time!
We managed to sneak in one playdate with our friends the Taylors before both Carter and Charlie's preschool schedules sadly began conflicting too much for morning playdates. Violet had just turned one and was VERY interested in Baby Clayton!
Look at those legs! I LOVE it!
August also meant a trip to Tumble Bears for Open Gym...
it was Clayton's first time there!
and we met up with our friend Harper there!
Carter loves the rope!
More afterschool park/picnic fun!
John took Dawson on a special date to play Laser Tag for the first time ever.
They both had a great time!
Every day when Dawson gets home from school, Clayton is SO happy to see Dawson...it's like he knows that he hasn't seen his biggest brother alllll day! Dawson's always so sweet to want to hold him when he gets home too!
I just love this family picture Carter drew. I love the angle he put Clayton on my hip and he said he wrote "3 4 7" so I would know everyone's ages in the picture.
Always always always so happy.
This month meant time to make baby food!!
I have made 100% of Dawson, Carter, and Nora Kate's food and I intend to do the same for Clayton.
First bite of sweet potato! He loves it!
Staying cool in the heat!
LOVE this one!
Carter and Nora Kate love dress up! Here she said she was getting married to Carter
Carter loves to practice writing his name.
In August on what felt like the hottest day EVER, John had committed to volunteer at the Asian Festival in Downtown Knoxville. I thought it would be fun to take the kids, so mom and dad came with me. The kids enjoyed building these little things out of wood...
Poor Mr. Baby (as Nora Kate calls him) was about a million degrees! There was not shade in the children's area nor was their a breeze. We survived though and the kids had fun.
And we got to see John who was volunteering.
More outside pool play time!









































No comments:
Post a Comment