We had a conference with Dawson's teacher in September, and she told us that he's doing amazing in school. He has A's in all of his subjects. His teacher is doing a great job teaching them math, in my opinion, and he actually has a higher A in math than in Language Arts which it's usually the other way around for him. He has actually started to like math and have some more confidence in math this year which makes me happy! He still loves reading, and he is an amazing reader! He has recently gotten into the I Survived Book Series after recently finishing off the Dragon Masters Series along with several other series books that have, honestly started to run together in my brain. I have trouble keeping him in books-meaning he reads them so well (and comprehends them too!) that I feel like he's always needing/wanting more library books or us to order the next book in a particular series if he can't find it at the library.
Dawson has seemed to adjust very, very well to our new adventure in Alabama over these last several months, and I couldn't be more proud of him. He's made friends at school and church. We've also recently found out that there are some kids in our new neighborhood where we are building that we know from soccer and basketball that will be right down the street and round the corner from us that go to his school and so I'm excited for even more friends for the kids. But, Dawson has done amazing with his new school. Changing schools can be hard, but he just slipped right in there like it was no big deal on the first day and we really haven't had a rough adjustment period at all. I'm so pleased.
Dawson just finished up fall soccer. His team was first place for the season and then played in a tournament where they came in second place. One of his coaches ended up being his gym coach at school, so that was nice for him to have a familiar face at school and on the soccer field. Dawson really enjoyed soccer, and all the boys seemed to be so kind on his team! Loved that.
Dawson is signed up for basketball and they JUST started practices. He's excited to being the next sport.
Probably Dawson's very favorite thing over recent months has been fishing. He has always loved fishing since the very first time Pop ever took him, but since moving to Alabama where our neighborhood has a lake he fishes all the time! He loves it. He primarily catches Blue Gill in the lake but they've caught a few bass.
Dawson loves being outdoors in general. I think he would stay outside 24/7 if I would let him. He loves riding his bike, going on runs with me, fishing, playing basketball, shooting his bow and arrow, and the list goes on. If it can be done outside, he enjoys it.
We love our biggest boy, Dawson, and cannot believe that this sweet blue eyed boy can be so big! I continue to be amazed at the wonderful big kid he is becoming and I couldn't be more proud to be his Mommy!
Here's our sweet big boy outside near the water in one of his very favorite shirts to wear. This truly captures him at 9 AND A HALF!
No comments:
Post a Comment