On August 14th, Nora Kate turned FIVE!!!
It seems like she always looks forward to her birthday more than everyone else...I think it's because we celebrate the boys in March, April, and May, and she feels like she has to wait a long time for her "turn," so she spends those months in between looking forward to (and talking about and planning her birthday) A LOT!
Also, my sweet girl is a planner...she loves planning things. (She gets it from her Momma!) So she wants to sit and talk about what we are going to do on her birthday and at her party and plan it all. I love it!
Nora Kate continues to love everything fancy, and so she requested to have a Fancy Tea Party Birthday which I'll post about in another blog entry, but it was perfect for our Fancy Girl.
Things we love at 5 years old...
-glitter
-sequins
-coloring
-"dates" with Daddy or Mommy
-her "high shoes" (John took her on a date in July and bought her her first pair of high heels, and she adores them and calls them her "high shoes" (funny note, we were driving through cotton fields one day and I sang the song High Cotton, and now Clayton calls her shoes her "high cotton shoes" hysterical)
-any time her brothers include her on a game, project, or playing
-her Barbie house
-anything little to play and organize that has lots of little pieces where she can just continually arrange them-My little Pony, Polly Pocket, princesses
-painting fingernails and toe nails
-going to the nail salon as a special treat to have her nails polished
-she loves this routine we have had this summer: dress day, short day, dress day, short day
-her running shorts and shirts
-her pink glittery Yellow Box flip flops...she wears them everywhere and they are THE FAVORITE
-unicorns
-magic sequins
-bags, backpacks, purses
-packing our own things to take to entertain ourselves in the car or places we go
-playing Nintendo Switch with the boys
-watching StoryBots
-Claire's
-Bath and Body Works
-Hand Sanitizer
-Lotions
-Lip Glosses
Nora Kate is still in the 90th percentile for height and is almost (although we do NOT talk about it in front of Carter) the same height as Carter. They both wear the same size clothes right now (6).
I typed this last year for her four year update and it still couldn't be more true :"At four years old Nora Kate is super girly, but she can also totally keep up with her brothers and hold her own. She is very particular in how she likes things to be done, and will confidently correct her brothers if they haven't done something the right way."
Oh we just love this girl so much. She's so cute (yes, I'm biased), but her bouncy curly hair, sweet little mouth and smile, glittery blue eyes, and personality--I just love. She will also talk your ear off, is feisty, opinionated, but also sweet, brave, and loving. She has the very best laugh...it's like it just bubbles out of her. I LOVE it!
On her actual birthday, I took her to the neighborhood lake and took these pictures. Love this girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment