Saturday, January 7, 2023

Dawson is 13

On Saturday, May 14, Dawson turned 13!!  I can’t believe we have a teenager in our house now, but he certainly does seem so much more grown up lately!  Dawson is compassionate, caring, helpful, loving, kind, hard-working, smart, dedicated, and so much more.  Dawson loves being outside-he always has really.  He always chooses something active over watching tv or playing video games.  Dawson loves to be productive and helpful too.  There are many times I find him doing tasks that he notices need to be done, but that I haven’t asked him to help with.  He is a wonderful older brother to his three younger siblings.  Dawson seems to enjoy helping each of them in a way that each of them like, and is so patient.  There are many times I think he has more patience than me!
Dawson loves kayaking-which is actually how he spent his actual birthday on a kayak trip with his scout troop on the Flint River. John and Carter tagged along and they had some great stories of a fun day on the water!  
Dawson also enjoys hiking, golf, running, and playing his trumpet.  I am continually impressed at the dedication he gives to practicing his trumpet.  I have never had to make him practice, he just enjoys playing and improving and practices daily.  Dawson takes private lessons, and he is in the band at school.  
This year Dawson ran the Rocket City Kids Marathon, the New Years Day race, and countless other miles will us around the neighborhood.
Dawson got in some golf lessons and golf games this year too along with lots of hikes with our family and his scout troop.
I couldn’t have imagined a more responsible, loving, sweet 13 year old boy! Thank you Dawson, for making good choices, thinking of others, and just all around being a joy to raise!
I still can’t believe he is thirteen!
Here are a few favorite pictures from his 13th year….
Dawson has spent hours kayaking our neighborhood lake this year.

Last summer he got his first phone!

He started at finished his first year of middle school…and did awesome!

Still loves digging holes at the beach!

Walking the Swan Creek Trail on a Mommy - Dawson Date.

Dawson completed confirmation and was confirmed at our church Asbury UMC.

Dawson took such good care of the puppies we fostered.

Taking care of the foster pups.

HIking

First middle school dance

Hiking through a fat man squeeze…hence why he is squeezing through

I’ll do a separate party post, but this year Dawson and Carter combined their parties again and we had a big bash at High Point Climbing!  So fun!

Halloween party at our house with friends.

Finishing the Kids Marathon and showing me his time and his medal.

Visited the Nashville Zoo

Carefree summer fun

Golf Academy at Canebrake

We love top golf!

Tree climbing…sort of

And he’s part of our family so of course he loves the beach!

 

No comments: