Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Our Pea in the Pod: Carter at 37 Weeks!

I am now 37 weeks pregnant with Carter which means we're only THREE short weeks from his due date!  I cannot wait to meet him...BUT I'm hoping he will stay put for these three more weeks so I can wrap up all the details of his room before he makes his debut! 
Yesterday was my 37 week appointment, and it was relatively uneventful-a good thing!  I am making progress toward his arrival which is nice to know.  I am carrying him lower than ever which makes breathing easier, but it makes running after Dawson slightly more difficult!  :)  His heart rate was still in the upper 140's to 150's.  He continues to move all the time, even in his very cramped living quarters...I don't know how so much movement is possible, but he is very active!  Everything looks good!  We're on track to go back to the doctor next Tuesday morning for the 38 week check up, and I hope to do a brief update then! 
John has been reminding me that when I was 37 weeks pregnant with Dawson I had stopped working due to some frequent "contractions" mostly in my back and was doing a lot more resting than I am now.  So I have been trying to take his advice and rest and put my feet up a little more...BUT it's hard when I have so many things I want to do!  Among all the baby preperations, I am also hoping to get our garden started this week.  It's funny because I would have never thought of doing this at 37 weeks pregnant with Dawson.  Everything is going so well with this pregnancy that I keep thinking there's no point in not getting stuff done!  The occassional afternoon nap is a nice break though-and I remind myself that Dawson and Carter will rarely sleep at the same time so before too long an afternoon nap may be out of the question!   
As for preperation for Carter at our house...We have made significant progress from last week!  YAY!  Now almost everything is hung on the walls in his room (hanging things, especially 4 floating shelves, is super time-consuming!), but it's still not picture ready just yet...so maybe expect a picture of the nursery next week!  For now, the only picture I have to share is the weekly "Watch Me Grow" photo at 37 weeks...
37 Weeks Pregnant with Carter

1 comment:

Blakeley said...

I can't get over how great you look - no puffy, swollen pregnancy face! Amazing! And I can't believe you're going to start a garden now, Super Woman!