Sunday, June 24, 2012

Our 5 Year Anniversary

On Saturday, June 16th we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  We left Dawson and Carter for a couple hours and went out to dinner at Ye Olde Steakhouse.  We had a great date and good food.  After dinner we picked up Carter (Dawson spent the night with his grandparents), rented a movie, and had a glass of wine---the same kind of white wine we served at our reception.  It's hard to believe we have been married 5 years already, but it's been an awesome five years...from Tennessee to Alabama to Tennessee from a family of 2 to a family of 3 and now a family of FOUR!  I am very blessed to have such a wonderful husband (and two great boys)!  Now, just for fun here are some pictures from the past.  (Apologizes for the poor quality...some of them are obviously pictures of pictures)...

2011-Married 4 Years

2010-Married 3 years

2009-Married 2 years
(with 1 month old Dawson and 2 year
old Bentley)

2008-Married 1 year

Married a few days-On our honeymoon
in Hawaii

2006-The evening we got engaged

2005-We had been dating 4 years

2004-We were celebrating having been
dating for 3 years

2004-My senior prom

2003-John's senior prom
(yes, I wore pink to prom every year...
I had 4 pink prom dresses!)

2002-Celebrating dating for 1 year

2001 Here we had been dating for
one week!  We look just a little bit different
now, huh?!  :)  I showed all of these pictures
to Dawson, and asked who the people were.
He recognized his Daddy in EVERY picture,
but in several of them he asked, "Is that Mommy?"
or said, "Mommy.  Right??" 

1 comment:

Julie McInnis said...

Oh my gosh I love all the picutres. What a fun history. Congrats!! We really need to see y'all and meet carter.