So in the 6th month, Carter has become stable and strong enough to sit upright for more than just a couple of minutes at a time. He can sit for quiet a while, but usually when I get up to move away or help Dawson with something is the exact moment he topples over. Carter LOVES being able to sit upright on his own mostly because it enables him to keep a constant eye on what his big brother, Dawson, is doing. Carter is more interested than ever in Dawson, and Dawson is such a great big brother talking to Carter and interacting with him. Sitting up also means that Carter has started playing with a lot more toys this month too. We sit him on the floor and surround him with his rattles and Sophie the Giraffe, and he loves to pick each one up and put it to his mouth, of course! Dawson is mortified if any of his things get picked up because he says Carter "will get drool on them!" Dawson, my sweet boy with a need for cleanliness and organization (I don't know where he gets that, only kidding), is so patient and kind to Carter but just cannot stand it if he gets "drool" on something. :)
This month we also started letting Carter have a lot more time in his Johnny Jumper, and he LOVES it!! He will bounce around in there for a good while keeping himself entertained and laughing, he's having so much fun that we're all happy to sit and watch him jump! When we get him out of the jumper to hold him after he's been jumping for a while, he continues to move his legs as if he's jumping on your lap! :)
As mentioned in his 5 month update, Carter has eaten rice cereal and sweet potatoes. Now in his 6th month his culinary experiences have been broadened. This month Carter got to try peas, green beans, carrots, butternut squash, acorn squash, zucchini, and oat cereal. Sweet potatoes and bananas are still his top choices, but he also enjoys the squashes and zucchini. Currently green beans and carrots are the least favorites, I suspect this is just due to their texture. He does a good job of sitting in his high chair eating from the spoon. In other eating news, Carter still find it necessary to eat A LOT during the night. He's been waking up between three and five times a night wanting to eat. I know he cannot possibly need to eat this many times, but I just keep feeding him.
All of this food has to go somewhere, and it does... At his six month check-up Carter weighed in at 17 pounds 7 ounces. Just for fun comparison, at six months Dawson weighed 17 pounds 11 ounces, so even though they were the same birth weight Dawson has maintained a few ounce lead on him every month. :)
We love our sweet, six month old Carter!
(I will point out that this post is very late in being published to the blog, I wrote it all out on his six month birthday so everything is what he was doing at the age...I got so behind in publishing these that it is no almost time for the 7 month update!)
Now on to the good part...the pictures....
Dawson 3 years and Carter 6 months
These brothers were having so much fun with
each other wiggling around that getting a picture,
was difficult with all the movement! :)
Dawson was talking to Carter
telling him to be still so Mommy
could take a picture. I thought it was
sweet, even though it doesn't look
like Carter is listening haha!
I love these two boys so much!
Little boy big chair!
Carter 6 months.
I included this picture only
because it captures
a glimpse of the leg rolls
I love!
Carter at Six Months.
No comments:
Post a Comment