Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween 2012

We celebrated Halloween the entire month of October, it seems.  Here are some pictures along with the details.  I apologize in advance because they are out of order.  I'm not sure why but sometimes they get out of sequence when I upload them.
 
Last year I saw Dawson's friend Jude in an adorable
shirt like this, and I thought it was so cute that I
remembered it and made one for each of my boys
this year.  It is just a white t shirt (or white onsie,
in Carter's case) Tye dyed and then a jack-o-lantern's
face drawn on.  So here are my sweet boys in
their matching shirts.
On Halloween night it was SO cold!!  We could even
see snow up on the mountains from our backyard.
Brrr!  So, when we headed out trick or treating,
I put Carter in his warm giraffe costume with layers
of clothes underneath, then put him in the Moby wrap.
THEN I put a coat on and zipped Carter and myself
up!  He was like my little heater and only my hands got
cold and he stayed perfectly warm!  He was such a champ
out trick or treating too!
Dawson was thrilled to check out his loot when we returned home!
Some Halloween snacks I made.
All of the Halloween snacks I made for our Meetup Halloween Party we had at our house!  Pumpkin shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, mummy dogs,
jack o lantern frosted Oreos, witch hat cookies, pretzels, and jack-o-lantern oranges.
Check out the jack-o-lanterns I put on the back
of Carter's onesie!  :)
Despite what his shirt says, he does have a costume!
The witch hat cookies for the meet up Halloween Party.
The plate I made with Dawson and Carter's foot prints.
Me and my boys about to head out trick or treating.
Pumpkin shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Mummy Dogs.
Dawson could not wait to set out trick or treating.
He flew around our neighborhood which ended up
being really disappointing with not many people at all
(4 out of 15 houses we tried) giving out candy...so
we went to a local church's HUGE trunk or treat event.
And Dawson had a BLAST!
Check out this cute monster Dawson made
at our Meetup Halloween Party.  He loves this thing!
Dawson thought this was wonderful!
At the trunk or treat event, someone decorated
their horse trailer and dressed up their horse.
The kids got to trick or treat the horse trailer,
get candy, and feed the horse.  Dawson
LOVED this!
Dawson and his friend Colt at
the Halloween Meetup.

Some of the costumed
kids eating and doing
crafts at the party.

More crafts being done.

It was IMPOSSIBLE to get a picture of
all the kids being still in their costumes,
but I managed to convince Colt and Avery
to sit with Dawson and Carter long enough
to have their pictures taken.

Dawson also made this hand
print spider at the party.

Dawson ready to carve
his pumpkin!

Dawson's face when he touched the
inside of the pumpkin!

Just thought this was funny.

Dawson wanted this pumpkin
to have 30 teeth!  We settled
on three.  He was pleased!

We we purchased our pumpkins,
Dawson really wanted a white
one.  So here he is with his white pumpkin.

Instead of carving it
he got to pick out the pieces
to make this face.
He LOVED doing this...
I think more than actually carving
the pumpkin because he could
do it rather than watch me with
the knife.

After much debate, we decided to dress
Carter as a giraffe for Halloween.
This was Dawson's first Halloween costume,
and honestly we loved it more than anything
we saw at the stores or anything I considered
sewing.  Possibly just for the sentimental value
that Dawson could fit in it just three short years ago.
Anyway, here is our cute little giraffe loving Halloween!

And our Buzz Lightyear!
He thought this costume
was fabulous especially because
the wings light up!
 
We had such a fun Halloween!  We love our little giraffe and Buzz Lightyear!

No comments: