In preparation for Nora Kate's arrival, I mentioned I've been making hair bows...a lot of hair bows! John has been giving me a hard time about my recent obsession with making bows because I've snuck in a bow here and there in all of my free time during naps and after the boys are in bed. :) BUT I've reached a stopping place...for now. :) I've used up the ribbon I have, but more importantly, I've given Nora Kate a mixture of colors, styles, and sizes of bows. So, since I've spent SO much time on bows over the past couple of weeks, I had to share!
I made these 11 loopy bows for Nora Kate.
I made these 11 "korker" bows. These are by far the most time consuming since in order to make the ribbon curly you have to wrap it around dowels and bake it in the oven for 25 minutes, then remove, cut to the length and then put the bows together. But they look so fun, it was worth the time!
Then I made these button center bows.
These 6 bows are special! All the materials used to make these bows I cut off of some of my old dance costumes. I was really pleased at how the tutu type of material made into a bow so well!
These few were very easy to make. I just covered the clip with ribbon and then added the flower or feather.
Then I made these bows, so Nora Kate will have some bigger bows too!
I made these bows back in April, but I wanted to share these at the same time. These three cloth bow headbands match three bow ties that the boys have.
So far I've made Nora Kate 63 bows, so I think I'm at a stopping place! :)
Now I just need to finish decorating the nursery with this same intensity!
(Nora Kate's nursery is *almost* complete!) Hopefully in the next week or so I'll have pictures of the completed room to share!
Quick Nora Kate update: I'm 34 weeks now, and I'm still feeling well. So well, in fact, that I think the boys and I are going to tag along on one last business trip with John before Nora Kate arrives!
No comments:
Post a Comment