Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nora Kate 37 Weeks

I am in the 37th week of my pregnancy with Nora Kate and still feeling great!!  We have made major progress in preparing for her arrival during this past week.  John got the bassinet, swing, and bouncy seat out of the attic and assembled them!  I washed all of her clothes, blankets, and bedding which was one of the more time consuming items on my to do list!  I also sewed a satin sash/bow to put around her bassinet!  We only have a few items left on our "to do before Nora Kate" list, and most of those are not too involved and are enjoyable more than work-for example some things still left include getting a haircut, picking out clothing for everyone to wear for Nora Kate's newborn pictures, and getting a pedicure!  :) 
I have continued to feel very well, just needing a little bit more rest than a few weeks ago, but I really have no complaints.  My mom and I took the boys to Dollywood yesterday, and that was officially the last time we will go before Nora Kate's arrival!
Even though I hit the 37 week mark Monday, my appointment wasn't until this morning.  It was a good appointment.  Nora Kate and I are both healthy and this stage of pregnancy is progressing as it should.  I go back in a week.
That's it for now.  Here are a couple of pictures...
We have used this sweet bassinet for each child during the first three months when they sleep in our room.  I decided since this was it's third time around, I wanted to give it a little facelift by adding a girly pink sash/bow around it.  I used the same fabric that I used on the tutu table and big bow pillow.

Here's a view where you can see the side how it wraps around the bassinet.

While I was sewing, I decided to make a little bow to go around her bear's neck that also matches the tutu table, pillow, bassinet, and ruffles and bows on the bumper pad.

And the official 37 week photo.

 

 

I was so excited the girl colored cloth diapers I ordered came in the mail this week.  We have many gender neutral colors of cloth diapers and some boy colors, and we knew we'd need a few more cloth diapers since we will have TWO kids in diapers for a while.  SO I took the opportunity of having to order more, to order these shades of pink!  :)

No comments: