At Carter's 15 month checkup he weighed 23 pounds which is a pound less than Dawson at this age, but Carter is a pickier eater than Dawson was too. Carter LOVES snacks-raisins, crackers, fruit, etc, but when it comes to meals he has become somewhat picky. His doctor assured me he's perfectly healthy and is eating enough even though it doesn't always seem like it.
Other news from his checkup: He had to get one shot, the MMR vaccine, but he did really well with it and just cried for a few seconds. He, thankfully, did not get a fever or fussy after, but seemed to have no reaction to this at all! I have to brag on Carter, and say that his doctor was very impressed with how well he is speaking. We were in the exam room that has jungle animals on the wall. The entire time we were there Carter pointed out all three monkeys over and over, said monkey, made his monkey noise, and then noticed one had a banana and said, "banana. more. me?" Then when it was time for the doctor to look in his ears, eyes, and mouth, Carter repeatedly told the doctor, "no! all done! all done! all done!" while also signing all done. The doctor really got a kick out of Carter being all done! Carter continued showcasing his skills by attempting to push the stool with wheels around the exam room saying "beep! beep!" He had a good appointment, and got a great report. We don't have to go back again until 18 months, and after that until 2 years!
Carter's vocabulary has continued to expand quickly!! He has started putting some words together. This sounds crazy, but the other day he kept telling me "bye bye" so finally after telling him bye for the 15th time, I said, "Bye bye. Have a good day!" He looked at me, smiled, and said, "Have good day!" with the exact same inflection I did! I couldn't believe it at first, and ran to tell John. We tried and tried, but he wouldn't say it again right then. Later that day though, John kept saying it to him and finally Carter repeated it again, "Have good day!" again with the exact same inflection perfectly copying John. One of his new things is that when he sees something he wants (food, toy, anything) especially if Dawson has it, he points to it and says, "me??"
Carter loves to interact with us especially if we are singing little songs. If we start singing, "If you're happy and you know it..." before we get to the clap your hands part, he's already smiling and clapping. We taught him "Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee." He does the motion and says "baby bee baby bee" then all the sudden jumps and says "ahh!" (for when it stings). He thinks this is hilarious. His very favorite song is still Old McDonald, he requests this song (A LOT!) by saying, "E,I,E,I? E,I,E,I??"
He had really picked up on learning animal sounds this month too. Dawson LOVES to teach these to him. He always gets the following animals and sounds correct: duck, monkey, doggie, dino, lion, tiger, and bird. (I think I'm forgetting one??) And if he doesn't know what an animal says and he sees a picture of it or we ask him, he answers, "grrrr." Dawson thinks this is hilarious-the other night at dinner Dawson was quizzing him and finally said, "Carter what does a turtle say?" Carter looked at Dawson and said, "grrr." Dawson laughed and asked what a penguin said, to which Carter again replied, "grrrr." Dawson thought this was SO funny!
Speaking of Dawson, I really think there is NO ONE that Carter loves as much as Dawson. As long as he has his big brother he is generally happy! He copies EVERYTHING Dawson does-EVERYTHING! Because they interact so much more now, there have been days where they have had a little more trouble settling down in their shared bedroom to nap, but at least they've still gotten a nap in. The other day I could hear both boys continuing to laugh for a long time at bedtime on the monitor, finally when I opened the bedroom door Dawson smiled and said, "Carter's just funny!" So sweet...and true-Carter will do anything to make you laugh or smile!
Carter has started telling us this month when he has a dirty diaper. He will reach down toward his diaper and say "uh oh!" He always does it for a dirty diaper and in the past week he has done it some for a wet diaper too! (Maybe this is a sign he will potty train early, and we wont' have two in diapers for too long!)
Other developments this month...Carter enjoys being read to at this age. If I get a book he will come sit on my lap and listen to it several times through. He gets excited when he sees me get a stack of books. He especially loves it when I read to him and Dawson at the same time...he constantly looks between the book and his big brother the whole time! We are really impressed with how well Carter can do the shape sorter at this age. He regularly gets the square, circle, and triangle correct! Carter NEVER takes a morning nap anymore. His sleep schedule is waking at 7am, nap from 1-3ish, bedtime at 8pm. He LOVES brushing his teeth! He now has FOUR teeth (finally!)!! He has two on top and two on bottom. His hair is starting to get a little unruly (even though he doesn't have a ton), he has some sweet little curls in the back (especially when it's humid) but there are some random long pieces and John is beginning to think it's time for his first hair cut.
I think this about covers everything from Carter's 15th month! Now on to the pictures!
This picture shows some of the swelling on his eyelid from the mosquito bite! Look how puffy and red! Poor guy!
Sweet brothers.
I love this picture because I think it shows up much Carter looks to see what Dawson is doing. Look at that sweet look he's giving Dawson.
Typical-Dawson being silly to make Carter laugh. :)
Carter 15 months.
Carter 15 months.
Carter 15 months.
Carter 15 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment