Carter is a dancer! He dances to anything and everything and has recently expanded his previously limited dance moves (the sway and the bouncing with bent knees) to numerous moves that include arms! Recently we were at a restaurant that had music playing, Carter had EVERYONE laughing and watching in our HALF of the restaurant. When the song would change, he would change dance moves! Every night after we clean up the playroom while the boys' bathwater is running, we turn on a song (we did this once and it became a must do every night) for the boys to dance and be wild to. Popular choices are Rocky Top, Call Me Maybe, and Harlem Shake. Both boys love this time. Of course, we have music playing a lot of the other times for Carter to dance to also, but this is somehow special for them.
Carter is also a little singer! (Maybe he's going to be a comedian/singer/dancer..haha! One man entertainment...he is for us!) Anyway, he picks up on songs SO very quickly. His newest favorite is Wheels on the Bus. He knows the tune, motions, and never misses the "round and round" part. The sweetest thing about Carter singing though, is that he sings on his own, unprompted too...not just when we're singing with him. I really need to start singing some more educational songs (like the days of the week song, etc.) to him to since he picks up on things so quickly through song.
Carter copies everything that Dawson does...no exceptions. This is both good and bad. Carter loves his big brother more than anyone it seems. This month he has become more affectionate than ever, and he loves to give Dawson hugs! When Carter gives you hugs he also pats your back. It's so sweet, I love it.
One of the biggest things to report from this month, is that it appears we have started potty training. About a week ago, I just happened to look at Carter and he looked like he needed to go potty (I won't go into any more detail than that), but I scooped him up and took him to the bathroom, where, sure enough, he used the potty! Since then he has worn a combination of cloth training pants and his normal cloth diapers, and has been having about an average of 3 successful potty trips each day. The best day we had 4 and the worst day we just had one...but he is just now turning 19 months, so I still am really impressed with him! I wasn't really planning to start with him this early, but if he's ready it will mean less diapers to clean and change...and if he's ready I want to do it while he's interested.
I usually include information on Carter's vocabulary in these updates, but I believe we are beyond that now. There is no way I could every get all of his words because he learns and uses new ones each day, each hour it seems! :) I love hearing him talk. A couple of my favorite things to hear him say are snake "nake!", snack "nack", smoke "moke!" (He really doesn't like that double consonant that begins with "s" at the beginning of the word and drops the s on a lot of these words...this is totally normal, but I just think it's cute!) Vocabulary-wise, he is also stringing together more words to make little sentences. Again, all of which I can't write down because there are many!
In terms of diet, Carter seems starved some days and eats everything in sight (including steak and pot roast-previous "no's" to him), and other days he won't even eat favorites like grapes! Overall though he does eat pretty well...he has improved over this past month especially. Carter's very favorite drink is milk, he drinks this all the time! Dawson never cared (and still doesn't) too much for milk, so this is slightly surprising to us! Maybe not having dairy for the first year of his life, he thinks this is a big treat! haha! He still has never had juice, and he's so content with milk and cold water, that we're going to keep it this way as long as possible.
Carter is such a good big brother and little brother, and he's such a happy, sweet little boy! We love him so much and all the laughter and joy he brings to us!
Monthly sibling photo
Monthly sibling photo
Monthly sibling photo and all on his own while I was taking these pictures, Carter looks beside him at Nora Kate and just decides to kiss her. He's so sweet and affectionate like that! There was no prompting here!
Monthly sibling photo
It's hard to sit still at 19 months!
Carter 19 months
No comments:
Post a Comment