Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nora Kate 3 Months

Nora Kate's third month has been a wonderful one!  I finally feel like we're starting to get in the swing of things with her (as much as you ever can with kids), and we have really, really been able to enjoy this month!  The biggest part of this has been that her reflux is GONE!  About a week after she hit the 2 month mark, she suddenly just stopped having reflux issues.  It was really odd, but we are most definitely not complaining!!  She hasn't had reflux meds in over three weeks!  She still spits up a lot, but she doesn't seem uncomfortable, have the hiccups ALL THE TIME, or just have long spells of crying.  It is SO wonderful! 
Nora Kate is now a wonderfully easy baby!  Every night she goes to bed around 10:30 (we call her our little owl), and she will sleep until sleep until around 3:30 or 4...yes, that's right!  5 or 6 hours of straight sleep!!  It is amazing!  After both non-sleeping boys, I do not take this for granted for a minute!  I guess if we have enough kids we were bound to get a better sleeper...and it looks like we did! hah!  After she wakes up then, gets changed, eats, she goes right back to sleep and sleeps until anywhere between 6:30 or 7:30.  She is not on a schedule during the day just yet, but she eats about every 3-3.5 maybe 4 hours during the day.  As it gets later in the afternoon/evening she does a few "cluster feedings" which I think is what helps her go such a long stretch at night.  She has what we've called her "hold me time" each night.  She gets clingy/a little fussy/just crying to be held around 8:30 and basically just wants to be held from 8:30-10:30.  This is the time period John leaves for work so I usually just hang out with Nora Kate until she finally starts acting sleep around 10:30.  Now I don't plan to get anything done after the boys go to bed (like I used to), instead I just plan to hold, play with, and talk to Nora Kate because when I do she's happy.
This month Nora Kate has changed SO much!  She doesn't hate tummy time, and she will actually do it for long periods of time.  She also enjoys laying on her back time gym and has started swatting at the toys hanging down.  A couple of times she's even managed to grab the toys!!  The day before her 3 month birthday I sat her in the Bumbo Seat for the first time expecting her to be REALLY wobbly, but to my surprise she sat there really well for about 12-15 minutes before starting to lean.  The boys thought it was HILARIOUS to see her sitting up!  You should have heard the laughter! So sweet.  Carter kept trying to sit beside her, but he just couldn't get close enough.  Finally I got worried he might actually be trying to sit on her he was so close! :)
Also in developments this month, Nora Kate has started talking EVEN more!  I love to hear her sweet voice.  Precious!  On the day she turned 3 months, we had spread a huge quilt in the living room and were all lounging on it with the tv on.  Nora Kate was on her tummy, and she just rolled right over like it was no big deal!  So her first official roll was on November 14 from her tummy to back. 
The boys are SO sweet with their little sister.  They love to check on her, pat her, and hug and kiss her...but seriously, who wouldn't love to do that?!
She has changed a lot in her appearance this month too.  Everything about our sweet girl is round right now!  I love this baby stage.  Little leg rolls, double chin, love it!  Clearly she's getting plenty to eat and is healthy!
She has still been sleeping in the bassinet in our bedroom, but we moved both boys to their rooms when they were 3 months so we are (unfortunately) about to begin this with Nora Kate too.  I say unfortunately because I just cannot believe these first three months have gone so fast that it could already be time to move her to the crib at night. 
My other "goal" for Nora Kate (any myself) for this next month, is to get her on some sort of a (flexible) schedule.  By this age, Carter had fallen into a schedule on his own and it was wonderful!  I'm not talking about a feeding schedule, but a sleeping schedule.  I will feed her whenever she's hungry, but I would like to be able to rely on the fact that she will sleep at three set times each day.  Also, I would LOVE it if we could get her to start going to sleep for the night even just an hour early...but I'm not going to set my goals too high! :)
We love our sweet baby Nora Kate so very much, and John and I both have discussed how we cannot really remember what it was like before we had a baby girl in our lives...isn't that crazy?!
Now for some pictures...
 
 
Nora Kate wearing out at tummy time, but willing to lift her head just a little longer for her sweet brother Carter!

I NEVER pose these pictures.  Both brothers just love to take part in tummy time!

Seriously, I have a TON of pictures of the boys laying on the floor with Nora Kate!  They just can't get enough of her!

Nothing startles Nora Kate. Wonder why? Probably because she's used to having loud tractors, trucks, and in this case a Weebles camper driven by her at all times by her rowdy brothers.

Nora Kate's first successful grab of a toy!!
(Check out our little night owl's owl pajamas from her Nana and Grandad...sweet and warm pajamas for these cold temps!)
This was during naptime, so she's dressed (not in pajamas), but she really is outgrowing her bassinet.  One foot is touching at the bottom and her head is almost touching at the top in this picture.  Makes me remember how tiny she looked in this bassinet just 3 months ago. 

Nora Kate is 3 months.
Monthly sibling photo

Monthly sibling photo

Both of Nora Kate's big brothers love her...Carter just had to sneak his sister a kiss while I was taking the pictures!  Totally unprompted...sweetest!  Love these sweet kids!

Monthly sibling photo

Nora Kate 3 months.

Nora Kate 3 months

Nora Kate 3 months

No comments: