Friday, April 18, 2014

Carter's 2nd Birthday Party

Carter's 2nd birthday party was Saturday, and we had a great time celebrating our sweet 2 year old!  His actual birthday was the following day, Sunday.  We decided on a circus theme for Carter's party this year for several reasons-mainly because he loves bright colors and we thought it'd be fun, but also because one of our outings during Carter's second year was a trip to the circus back in the fall with Lolly and Pop during which we were surprised at how much Carter was actually paying attention for a little guy!  We always joke that Carter is a little clown because he loves to make us laugh, and one day a few months back Dawson said out of the blue that Carter was going to be a clown when he grows up-hah!  (Dawson later came back to this conversation and corrected himself saying that Carter would actually be allowed to come work on his farm when he grows up!)
Anyway, a circus theme it was to celebrate Carter's 2nd birthday!
We felt very loved as a lot of family members and friends came to help us celebrate our sweet Carter!  In attendance were the following people:  Carter's Daddy, Mommy, Dawson, Nora Kate, Lolly, Pop, Nana, Grandad, Aunt Emily, Uncle Eric, Cousin Drew; Laura and Jackson; David, Sarah, Alexa, Connor, and William; Tanya and Bailey; Ryan, Darcie, Dustin, and Blake; Chris, Alana, and Colt; Freddie, Andrea, Charlie, and Olivia; Mark, Cassie, and Campbell (our youngest party guest at just under 2 months!); Rachel and Corbin; Daniel, Patty, and Hayden Ramsey; and last, but certainly not least, the entertainment-Speedy the Clown!!
 
The invitations for Carter's party!
(I covered our address for this picture!)

I won't caption EVERY picture, but there are about a million pictures like this of Speedy the Clown making balloon animals which were a hit!!!

















I'm SO excited that my best friend from high school has a baby now, so we have an excuse to do playdates and invite her to birthday parties!  Here's Cassie and her sweet Campbell (our youngest party guest)!


The INCREDIBLE INFLATABLE and The RING OF FIRE!

Party décor!




This is Dawson's friend from school (that he talks about CONSTANTLY!) and church!
She is always so sweet, and she was excited that Speedy made this pink kitten for her!

the inflatable!


Nora Kate got to spend A LOT of time being entertained by her Lolly and Pop during the party!  We had a "baby area" set up with quilts in the shade and exersaucers and baby toys.  Thankfully, Lolly and Pop were happy to entertain her so that John and I could focus a lot on Carter on his special day!
Nora Kate was obviously happy to have some special time with her Pop too!


After Speedy the Clown made balloon animals for a while, it was time for the magic show.  The kids attempted to settle down on this quilt and watch Speedy.



Since Dawson was the big brother he got to be the helper for the tricks.  He was more than happy to help!





Carter was oh-so-serious watching Speedy's magic tricks!







Speedy the Clown!

Party food!

To go along with the circus theme, we did "concession" style food.  Think hotdogs, nachos and cheese, and ice cream bars....along with fruit and birthday cake of course!

We even got these cute "concession stand-looking" hotdog wrappers!

And I made this concession sign.

Check our Carter in his birthday shirt beside his birthday sign telling all about him at age 2!

Carter's birthday cake I made.

He was so excited to eat it!

I was excited to be able to make these elephants on balls for the sides of the cake out of fondant to match the invtations!

One more shot of the cake!

READY TO EAT CAKE!

Happy Birthday Sweet Carter!!!

Make a wish!

Well, our sweet Carter's 2nd birthday has come and gone.  We had beautiful weather over the weekend to celebrate his special day!  I loved celebrating our sweet, silly, fun loving, and affectionate 2-year-old CARTER!  We love him so so very much!!! 
I have his 2 year update ready to post, but I'm hanging on before sharing it so I can add all his stats from his upcoming 2 year check up this week!

No comments: