Nora Kate is 8 months! Her very favorite thing at this age is simply being able to see her brothers playing! She watches them playing and get so excited, her feet and hands are constantly "busy" and she's smiling the whole time she watches them play!
Nora Kate continues to be a great eater! She now eats breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a little oatmeal before bed. Some of the foods she has had so far include, turkey, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, oatmeal, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, peas, green beans, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, banana, apples, pears (a favorite!), cantaloupe, puffs, and Cheerios. There may be a couple I've accidentally omitted! So far she has done really well with everything she has tried! Nora Kate is REALLY into the finger foods that she can feed herself! She eats a ton of Cheerios, puffs, peas, and corn that she picks up herself and eats! Nora Kate still nurses too-a lot! I said I wasn't going to let her get out of the habit of taking a bottle, so that we would always have that option...but life got busy, and I can't remember the last time we actually gave her a bottle. (It's just easier to nurse her.) So, I don't really know if she would take a bottle or not. She does, however, love to drink water from a sippy!
As far as sleep goes, someone please remind me what that is?? In all seriousness, I really thought Nora Kate was going to be our good sleeper! She slept better during the night from the beginning just getting up 2-3 times per night, but this past months has been rough! She's started getting up 4 or 5 times a night. I'm hoping this will change in the coming month! For Carter's 8 month update I wrote the following, "Even though Carter isn't a wonderful sleeper at night, I am so thankful that he still takes a nap at the same time as his big brother in the afternoons! He takes a morning nap too" Nora Kate, did you hear that?! :) Nora Kate doesn't sleep much at all during the day!! She's usually always happy when she's awake, though, so I won't complain about the one-on-one time I get with her while her big brother are napping! :)
In communication developments, Nora Kate's very favorite thing to say is Dada! I "won" with the boys and got them both to say "mama" first, but it looks like Nora Kate stole her Daddy's heart by saying Dada first. Oh and she says it all the time while looking right at John...he can't help but to pick her up every time and hug her! Nora Kate also says Bubububub a lot!
Nora Kate did not have an 8 month check up, we go back at nine months, so I don't have any official stats this month. She's continuing to grow well though!
My sweet baby is already 8 months!!
Our smiling, blue eyed baby girl is already 8 months!
8 months!
Nora Kate had to take a taste!
Love how she sits up so straight and smiles!
I absolutely love this pictures that perfectly captures the personalities of all three kids!
Monthly sibling photo!
Love these three sweeties!
****Carter did turn 2 the day before Nora Kate turned 8 months. I have not forgotten about posting his 2 year update, in fact I already have it all typed up and ready to post. I'm just waiting so I can add his stats from his 2 year check up which is schedule for this coming week!****
No comments:
Post a Comment