Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Nora Kate: 7 Months

Nora Kate is 7 months old!  I absolutely love this age!  She can now sit up well on her own which makes everyone happy--Nora Kate is happy to be able to sit and play with toys.  Dawson and Carter are happy because they can sit in front of her and show her things to which she squeals with delight at the attention of her brothers, and John and I are happy because she can sit very happily and play-but not crawl or pull up yet to get into anything.  In general, life got so much easier when right after hitting 6months, she started sitting so well!  Now if I'm carrying her around the house and need a free hand-I can sit her on the floor!  It wasn't as big of a deal with Dawson, or really even for Carter for that matter, but with Nora Kate it is SO nice to be able to do this!  I'm always in need of a free hand!  :)
Yet another reason to love this age is because her little personality is shining.  She's so happy, she loves to babble, smile, and squeal!  Her only true sound right now that she's repeating over and over is "bu bu," and she says it ALL.  THE.  TIME!  "bu bu bu bu bu."  After a while she will stop, proud of herself, and laugh! 
She continues to LOVE her walker, exersaucer, johnny jumper, and just sitting on the floor playing or watching the boys.  She has gotten particularly "wild" in her johnny jumper these days!
Nora Kate was sick for a little over the first half of her 7th month with a respiratory virus (her first illness), and I'm happy that she was able to stay healthy for this long!  During the time she was sick she had to go back to the doctor several times for him to check her breathing (her chest was really tight and wheezy, so she was on breathing treatments).  Anyway, we were expecting she would be loosing weight or maintaining the same weight-especially from one day to the next- since her appetite was decreased from being sick, but NO!  Nora Kate was gaining an ounce or two between each visit!  After that we weren't too concerned with her loosing weight or not eating as much while she was sick! 
I'm not sure if it was from being sick or just a phase she's going through, but she has been getting up 2-3 times a night lately.  It's not awesome, but it's not unmanageable either!  We will get to sleep through the night eventually!
Nora Kate's brothers absolutely love her!  Carter is a very affectionate little boy anyway, but he has a hard time going by Nora Kate without patting her, hugging her or squeezing her. I think this has increased this month now that she's just sitting on the floor playing.  He thinks she's always in need of a hug!  Dawson is such a great help to me all the time especially with Carter and Nora Kate, and I think this is one of the ways he shows how much he loves his sister is just by helping-he's always willing to watch her for a minute while I run in another room, get her paci/blanket/diaper/whatever I might need for her at the moment!
Nora Kate has started eating more foods this month too!  She LOVES sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas, green beans, squash, spaghetti squash, zucchini, acorn squash, and butternut squash.  

On pictures of our baby girl!! 

I just had to include this picture!  As I was getting everything set up to take these pictures Carter went over and said, "Hey baby!" to Nora Kate which made her smile and laugh!  Look at this sweet look she's giving Carter!

7 months.

This month we were SO interested in the 7 months card!

Extreme focus!  Trying to get the card!

YUM!  I've been wanting to eat these things for 7 months!

Sweet siblings!



No comments: