Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Baby Clayton 39 Weeks

Today is the last day of my 39th week with Baby Clayton!  I am still feeling great! The kids and I have been going for lots of long walks in this beautiful weather, but I don't really think that is going to force Clayton to make his appearance (even though I pull Carter and Nora Kate in the wagon on all the hills in our neighborhood as we walk!).  I'm fine for him to stay put, but it's nice to be out enjoying this wonderful weather.  When we found out our due date was mid-March I remember saying that March can be beautiful and warm or yucky, cold, and rainy and how I hoped this was a beautiful March...looks like I got what I asked for! 
Dawson is on Spring Break, so it's nice to have all three kids home every day!  I feel like this is a little added bonus to Clayton coming late...that I get to enjoy a little bit more time with each of them just those three together. 
We are all getting excited to meet Clayton.  Nora Kate randomly will say things like, "I want to take Clayton to Dollywood so he can ride the Dollywood train! He will think that's great!"  Then yesterday she said, "I want Clayton to get out of your tummy so he can swing on the glider swing with me!" This lead us to a conversation we have had many, many times of what Clayton will actually be like and be able to do (or not do) when he is born...one of which is swinging on the glider swing in the backyard haha!  I love that she's thinking about him though.  Carter told he me wanted Clayton to come out so he could hear him laugh.  SO sweet! Carter loves to make everyone laugh so I loved that he thought of this.  Dawson came home from school on Tuesday and reported that he had told a teacher that Clayton might be born in 4 days (that would put him being born on Saturday), I told Dawson he could be right that you never knew!  I thought it was sweet that he was thinking about Clayton at school though!  One thing is for sure, Clayton will have no shortage of siblings who love him!
As a random thing to write down to remember, the other day I asked Nora Kate how many brothers she had.  I wanted to see if she would say 2 or if she would think of Clayton and say 3.  Her response: "A LOT!" complete with attitude when answering the question! Haha!  I'm guessing that was counting Clayton then!  She's so funny!
John and I keep looking at the calendar trying to guess when Clayton will be born.  We have done this with each baby, and we aren't very good guessers but it's still fun.  John's official guess is St. Patrick's day March 17.  My guess is March 19. 
We pretty much have everything ready for Clayton.  We plan to put his carseat in the van this week (I haven't been ready to sacrifice the space too early for an empty carseat, but it's time now).  And I've just been trying to stay on top of the not so fun chores like cleaning house and laundry so that when I do go into labor things will hopefully be totally caught up!  And really we have just been trying to do fun things with Dawson, Carter, and Nora Kate before Clayton is born! 
That about wraps it up.  Here's the 39 week picture.  :) Photo credit to Dawson-Dawson is on Spring Break right now, so he took this week's picture instead of Carter.


No comments: