February was another fun month. I'm usually not fond of the winter months, and I still don't like the cold...BUT we had a few snow days this year which made things look brighter and cheerier...and best of all we got to play in the snow together and have Dawson home from school on a few snow days!
Here are pictures from one of our snow days...
In addition to playing in the snow, we spent a majority of February at basketball! Dawson had practice every Tuesday with some Tuesday scrimmages which he really enjoyed. Then every Saturday morning at 8:30 he had games. Carter and Nora Kate were such troopers to watch every game with minimal complaining. They got in a routine of wanting to bring a toy to show their friend Harper at each basketball game. Here's a serious conversation court-side about my little pony! Love these girls!
February seemed to be the month where Dawson got into the groove of scoring more baskets during the game. He, of course, loved this!
We took advantage of beautiful weather one weekend and drove up to Cades Cove. We saw the most deer I have ever seen in one visit! They were everywhere, and the kids were thrilled!
Although we had some really cold and snowy days, we also had some days sprinkled in that we got to get outside and enjoy playing outside!
Dawson's school has a really fun program where the whole school reads a book with their family during January and February called the One Book Blitz. This year's book was the Mouse and the Motorcycle. Both boys were really into the book (Nora Kate would talk about Ralph the mouse but wasn't as into it). At the end of the book the school has a big carnival one evening called Winter Blast. There are TONS of games. This was by far the favorite...riding down the hall on their tummies on these scooter things! We jokingly decided this is what the teachers do when the kids aren't there...Dawson thought this was hilarious!
How fun is this though? Dawson thought it was great to get to do this in the hallway!
The kids at winter blast!
Waking up to more snow!
they always want to walk down to the creek to see if it is frozen.
It's not a snow day without a fire and hot chocolate!
and snowflake sandwiches
Carter and Nora Kate got drug all over Knoxville with me one morning while I was trying to finish my shopping list for Clayton (Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, etc.) they were so good...and they even missed their nap! I let them pick somewhere special for lunch..I made lots of suggestions, but they were sold that we HAD to go to McDonalds. So here they are on our lunch date!
That day after we picked Dawson up from school Nora Kate asked if we could go to the "kitty store" (aka PetSmart). They love to go look at the cats...through the glass thankfully or I would still be sneezing!
More snow! We woke up one morning when it wasn't really supposed to snow to see the snow coming down hard! I confidently told Dawson it would melt very quickly. Well, by 11:00 everything was covered. I made the decision to go get Dawson from school at 11 so he could play in the snow. (haha, I know!) I thought it might be our last time to play in the snow for the year, and I was worried it would melt or be too slushy before he got out for the day! Well, I'm glad I checked him out because it WAS the last snow for our winter and we had a great time playing in it.
Dawson's teacher is so great! She let the kids go out in the snow! This made Dawson's day and he still talks about getting to go our in the snow with his class!
Getting ready for Valentine's Day with these kissable kids!
Colorful Bath Fizzies have been all the rage at our house this winter (notice the green water), and bath times have gotten REALLY silly and rowdy. You notice who is doing the spraying in this picture? She's the rowdiest one at bath time!
Basketball scrimmage!
More pleasant weather for playing outside!
Dawson's sweet friend Bailey invited him over to play one Friday evening. He said he had THE BEST time! They played outside and did art and "lots of other really fun stuff" was the report I got from Dawson! These two have been such sweet little friends since 4 year old preschool!
Probably Carter's favorite lunch spot in Maryville?! Dawson's school! I think he would go eat lunch with Dawson EVERY day if I would let him. I wanted to get a picture of Dawson and his friend at lunch and Carter was so excited he hopped in the picture too! Nora Kate was busy working on her yogurt beside me.
These kids LOVE doing GoNoodle on the iPad in the sunroom. Look at those GoNoodle dance moves!
Another beautiful weekend made the perfect opportunity to visit the Maryville College woods...always a hit!
We took the drone and flew it on the practice field at the college after walking the woods. It was a little windy, but the boys managed to keep the drone under control!
February was another great month! We should have pictures of our sweet Clayton with his siblings in our next monthly post of March!!! CANNOT WAIT!





No comments:
Post a Comment