Today is the last day of the 38th week of my pregnancy with Clayton! It's hard to believe his due date is just a week from tomorrow! There's not much to report since last week's update...Clayton is still doing great. His heart rate was 136 at my appointment. He's still moving A TON which is good. AND he's still head down (the doctor didn't think he would flip back to breech, but when I asked him he said it can occasionally happen. So I'm thankful that he's stayed put!)
Carter and Nora Kate came with me to my appointment again this week. This week they convinced the nurse to weigh them...these kids are getting way to comfortable with the doctor and nurses-haha! Carter was proud to report to John later that day that he was 39.5 pounds, and Nora Kate was 36 pounds. These two are not shy at all! Haha!
Really there wasn't much to report. The doctor said I could have Clayton at any time and that would be perfectly fine, but at the same time I could go past my due date which would be fine too. I'm hoping for going past my due date. Dawson is on Spring Break this Thursday, Friday, and all next week AND the weather forecast is BEAUTIFUL! So I'm hoping Clayton will be late, and I can get all three kids out on several outings (zoo, park, college woods, etc.) to enjoy the weather and let them enjoy each other before Clayton is born! People are funny though, everyone keeps saying things like "I know you're probably ready to have your baby!" OR "You're probably over being pregnant at this point!" etc, but, really, I feel great and I really do enjoy being pregnant, so if he's late...I'm good with that! I am getting excited to meet him though!
So now on to the exciting stuff! The nursery! I've been very, very slowly working on Clayton's nursery, but I've had it completed for a week or two now. Dawson and Carter both had nautical themed nurseries, and I wanted to continue this for Clayton. It's funny, although they've all three had the same nursery theme all three boys have had different colored walls and different rooms (and different houses at that!) for their nurseries. Even though we go with the same nautical theme, we've made each one different.
So here's the crib. I love that all four of our kids will have slept in the same crib. There are teeth marks on the rails from three kids already, and I'm sure Clayton will add to that. His bedding is the Nautica Sailboat bedding. I was excited when the kids and I were out shopping and found this giant anchor for the wall! Then I ordered his name cut out of wood. It came unfinished and we painted it blue.
We are also using the same rug we used in both older boys' rooms.
I saw this rug when we lived in Huntsville and I was pregnant with Dawson, but I didn't buy it. John surprised me when I came home from work one day and had it in Dawson's nursery a few weeks before he was born. I'm glad we have gotten to use this rug several times now!
Even though Clayton's crib and room are totally ready he really probably won't sleep there much for the first few months. We kept the other kids in our room in a bassinet until they were around 3 months. So, his bassinet is ready too!
The wipes container on the changing table! I'm so happy with how this turned out!
Then we added a few more nautical touches to the room and the floating shelves over the chair. Each of the kids had the silver rattle on the shelf in their nursery, and now Clayton does too! Each of our kids were given a special coin that was collected by their Great Grandparents and they still have it in their rooms. Here's Clayton's framed on the shelf!
I know I will spend LOTS and lots of time holding precious Clayton in the wee hours of the night in this chair...good thing it's comfy! And check out the adorable quilt. Clayton's Nana and Grandad gave him that!
John and I both LOVE Clayton's room and are so pleased with how it turned out! It's a very relaxing room to me (hopefully it will be to Clayton too)! It looks like a room ready for a newborn! We are getting excited!
2 comments:
Yay! It looks great!!
Yay! It looks great!!
Post a Comment