Friday, January 24, 2020

November 2019

Hello, November!
We visited Green Mountain for the first time this month, and it is oh-so pretty we are sure to be back! We hiked a mile or two around the lake and the mountain.  The kids of course couldn't get enough of throwing rocks and sticks into the water.  Here they are doing just that from the covered bridge portion of the trail.

I didn't edit these pictures at all and they were only taken with my phone...the trees and sky were just such a pretty backdrop!
covered bridge

The kids had their friends Henry, Annie, and Ruby over for a sleepover.
Here's NK and her friend Annie!
Watching a movie at bedtime during their sleepover.
the boys play all kinds of things with Henry, but they also had fun doing some art!



The big kids had picture day at school, and Clayton really wanted to go to picture day, so he made silly faces in front of the camera at home.
These three are dressed for picture day!

Nora Kate and I were twinning one day for church so we had to get a pic.


Our neighborhood has some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen anywhere other than the beach.  It has become one of my most favorite times of the day to watch the sunsetting out of the back windows of our home.  Well, one my morning runs I get to see some beautiful sunrises too! Here is one from near the front of our neighborhood one morning.  It was even more beautiful that the picture captured.

We have been enjoying taking advantage of Homeschool Days at High Point Climbing. I'm amazed at what good climbers the kids are.

A little playground time at the Dugout
Mid-month we explored a new to us area I had read about. I had read about a 10 mile trail running from Athens to Elkmont where the railroad used to be but was taken up and converted to just a trail.  They call it Rails to Trails.  I thought it would be fun for us all to take a few mile bike ride and check out the fall foliage and this new to us trail.  Everyone did awesome, however Clayton's trailing wheels struggled on the uneven terrain of the trail and he kept frequently getting stuck with spinning bike tires.  We tied his bike to mine and we managed to get in a 4 mile bike ride with all 6 of us!
It was so beautiful! I can't wait to go back.

About a week before the Huntsville Half Marathon, I saw that there was a need for pacers.  I had never run a race as a pacer, nor had I been training to run this race...but on a whim I volunteered to be a pacer and it was SO fun!  It was a pretty easy 13.1 mile course, and I really enjoyed it.
My favorite part were the people cheering me on at the finish line (despite the cold day and early morning time)...the had sweet signs, pink roses, and lots of cheers and kisses for me!



Clayton's favorite request while the big 3 are in school hours...the dinosaur playground.  He saw this picture of himself I had taken and asked if it was him.  When I replied yes, he said, "oh! I thought it was a big kid!"



Clayton has been climbing like crazy at home.
We put an end to this, but he's so strong he can climb the door frames (just like Carter has always done).

NK loves her new unicorn sweater and requested a picture in it.

Basketball practices have started...here is Carter practicing..orange socks.

Clayton's choir performed on the Treehouse Stage one Wednesday night.
His first performance ever.
He did awesome (he's in the red vest in this pic).


One of Clayton's favorite ways to stay entertained when I'm teaching the big kids is PLAYDOUGH!

Dawson has been acolyting almost every month since he trained in August.
He does a great job, and I love that he is old enough and wants to serve in church service.



Carter one morning was fully involved in this math problem he had created for himself.
Love how his math brain works!

There's still a little bit of cotton (or southern snow) that remains unharvested and beautiful this month.

Clayton has really enjoyed getting to play frequently with our neighbor's grandson.  Here these two were all laughs and smiles as they played in a fort!

Clayton loves a good costume...lunch with a Storm Trooper!

All of these happenings were prior to November 20,  because after November 20 the rest of our month was spent traveling!  That will be in another post though!







No comments: