Monday, January 20, 2020

September 2019

Words to describe this September-hot, swimming, school, soccer, soccer, soccer, hot, and more swimming!  We had a great September but it mostly consisted of those things-more Alabama heat (no complaints here though I love the warm weather), continuing with homeschool, lots of pool time, and so.much.soccer!

Clayton and I try to do fun stuff while the bigs are at school.  This day in particular he requested to make cookies!

School continues to go great, and I think we are starting to get in a good routine with it too!

Clayton has had a newfound love of the marble track this month.  So fun to watch him be so happy with a little marble running trough the track he built.

Clayton and I have enjoyed lots of Mommy-Clayton time on Tuesdays and Thursdays while the big 3 are at school for 3.5 hours!

What does Clayton do during soccer you might ask?
He makes friends with every kid there, drives his trucks and tractors along the field lines, and plays.  This night in particular he was driving this along the line (during a game!) and I asked him to come back away from the field so he didn't get run over by the big kids and he said, "I can't stop! I'm harvesting!" Oh my! At least the grandfather watching his grandson play who was sitting next to me got a kick out of it!

The kids and I made a delicious cake for John's 35th birthday!
It's my new favorite.  It is a chocolate peanut butter cake.  It takes like peanut butter pie with cake!

Oh look, more soccer! 
Nora Kate played on a great team-great girls who played well together and a coach who was equally great!  They were the Lime Lightening!  I was beyond impressed with how well Nora Kate played this year-even scoring a goal.

We brought some sand to our sod to level out a few low spots and it turned into a backyard sand pile.
If you can't live at the beach, why not bring the beach to your backyard?!

Oh, another favorite this month-magnatiles!

At the beginning of the month (this whole post keeps rearranging the order of my pictures for some reason so it is not chronological this time, but all these events occurred in September at least)...so at the beginning of September I went with 3 other girls from church to the Smith Lake for the weekend. We stayed on the lake in a cabin and it was so fun and relaxing! We laid in the sun on the dock and floated around in the lake all day then chatted and played games in the evening.

View looking down toward the lake

Trying to get a group pick before we left the cabin.

Dawson looked like such a big kid to me in this picture.
Dawson got a lot more playing time this season than last year, and although they were not the number 1 or number 2 team this year Dawson really had fun and got more competitive!

Happy birthday, John!
Too bad that the night before your birthday Clayton told you what you were getting! Haha, I think we will always remember Clayton saying, "Daddy's birthday party tv!" And everyone else going silent as we all realized he had told you what you were getting! 

Our neighborhood pool that we frequently had to ourselves all summer turned into even more of a private pool for us once school was in session.  We frequently would take a mid-day break from school for "P.E." of swim time in the pool
Thankfully the pool stayed open through the month of September so we still swam about 4 or 5 days a week!



The kids' school did a project where they made and sold crafts at a community event to raise money for childhood cancer.  These three and I worked the table at the event for a little while.




Can you say, Daddy's girl?!

Oh my! We are trying to get in a routine of keeping Clayton entertained during our homeschool lessons.  One day though while he was supposed to be coloring and I was explain a lesson to one of the bigs in the office he got in Nora Kate's nail polish and opened a polish on his own and without making a mess painted his toenails.  Seriously not a spill or any big mess...but oh my goodness I was so nervous to go look at the floor when I saw he had painted his own toes.  Is it bad that I was a little impressed that a 3 year old could do this good at polishing his toes?!

Daddy's birthday

Nora Kate got this puzzle from her buddy Annie for her bday and was thrilled to have completed it after working on it for DAYS!

Beautiful sunset in the backyard on John's birthday!

My three soccer rockers!

He's so full of personality!

Again these pics are way out of order, but look at the face! That's the face he showed me when I discovered his painted toes.

Oh, and another time he got into mischief while I was teaching the big kids.  He got out ice cream, a bowl and spoon, and hid under the island and served himself ice cream...without making a mess at all!  

Dawson in his jersey ready for yet another soccer game!

The month of September ended with us leaving for Port Saint Joe on the 28th!

No comments: