Saturday, April 16, 2016

Carter's MONSTER TRUCK Fourth Birthday Party

On Saturday, April 9th we celebrated Carter's 4th birthday with friends and family in our backyard.  Per Carter's request, he had a monster truck themed birthday party.  The weather the day of Carter's birthday party was unseasonably cool, but even though it was cool it ended up being a pleasant, clear afternoon to be outside celebrating our birthday boy!

All about Carter!


Here's the invitation that Carter picked out himself.
(The two white boxes are covering our address and phone number)


We rented the BIG inflatable slide, also per Carter's request.  We also had the smaller blue inflatable on the other side of the yard for the smaller kids (although I think all the kids took at least one turn on it too!).

Our birthday boy being his silly self!


When Carter's birthday shirt was delivered, he was SO excited! He got a piece of paper and wrote several letters and said, "This says, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU FOR MY MONSTER TRUCK SHIRT! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!"  Do you think he was a little excited about the shirt?! 

The slide was a hit with all the kids.

Nora Kate and Nana.

Also per Carter's request, we had a monster truck piñata!


A couple of pictures of all the spectators watching the piñata!




What's a monster truck party without a monster truck?!?!
So we had this monster truck stop by in the middle of the party!

This was Carter's over excited face when he saw the monster truck in our driveway!  We had NOT told Carter about the monster truck coming so that it would be a surprise.

The wheels were bigger than Carter!


The kids all thought it was so cool that they could walk under it.

This thing was so high off the ground!



I think every kid at the party took a turn standing on the tires.


When I asked Carter what all foods he wanted at his party, his reply was, "Pizza and Cake..that's all!" So we had pizza, cake, chips, carrots, and fruit.

Wonderfully generous friends brought sweet gifts that Carter LOVED!

I made a monster truck cake and cupcakes.



Carter was specifically showing me how to cut his piece of cake.


Someone was excited about the cake.

Singing to our birthday boy.


Daddy helping Carter eat the cake.

We are thankful for everyone who helped us celebrate our sweet 4 year old boy!  In attendance were the following people:  Daddy, Mommy, Dawson, Nora Kate, Clayton (who slept inside during the entire party because he was only 2 weeks old at the party), Pop, Lolly, Grandad, Nana, Sarah, Alexa, Connor, William, Freddie, Olivia, Ben, Mary Grace, Nora, Charlie, Violet, Casey, Jessica, Carson, Harper, Daniel, Patty, Hayden, Katelyn, Ashley, Jaxon, Josh, Cassandra, Henry, Thomas, Marshall, (they're so awesome to travel all the way from Asheville just for a 4th birthday party!), Melanie, Katie, and Emily G.  I think we had 39 people total if you count our birthday boy. 
Carter was so happy with his party, his gifts, and everyone who came over to our house to help him celebrate his big day!

No comments: