On Monday, April 11, Clayton turned three weeks old! We have been really trying to enjoy these weeks with Clayton as a "teeny, tiny baby" (as Nora Kate says...BUT they seem to be passing SO quickly!!!
Clayton's third week was uneventful in terms of outings-we picked Dawson up from school (does it even count as an outing when you don't get out of the car?!) for one outing. Clayton proved himself a good baby yet again when he didn't cry a single time in carline while we waited on Dawson. The only other outing we had was to a neighborhood party at the Cookie Company in the mall. Our neighbors own it and had a cookie decorating party there for the neighborhood kids. Clayton's older siblings loved it, and Clayton enjoyed sleeping in the Ergo baby carrier I wear the entire time!
I think since Clayton was born he and I have only left our house 5 times (other than for walks), but that is about to change in the coming weeks. Carter and Nora Kate have done great with all this staying at home when they're used to being on the go, but I'm starting to sense that they're over it and ready to get out! It's been nice staying home so much though, it's much easier to feed Clayton when he wants to eat and spend lots of time holding him when we are home! I've had requests today alone to go to Gym Bugs, Dollywood, and the zoo! Clayton, get ready because Carter and Nora Kate are determined you're going to go a lot of places very soon! Haha!
Clayton did (kind of) attend his first party during this past week. If by "attend" you can count sleeping inside in his crib the entire time we had Carter's 4th birthday party in the backyard. Such a good baby brother, he allowed Carter the be the spotlight of the party! :)
Clayton continues to be an AWESOME baby! He is generally happy, the only time he really gets fussy or cries is when he is hungry-and even then it's very minimal!! He has still been an awesome sleeper too! He goes to sleep for the night around 9:30 (this 9:30 bedtime is really nice, because it gives John and I a couple of hours with just Clayton after the big kids go to bed). After bed at 9:30 then it's usually right at 4 hours before he wants to eat again (this is SO crazy to me since none of our other children EVER went a 4 hour stretch until after six months-maybe older). After his four hour stretch he usually goes 2 or 3 hours before eating again. When he wakes during the night I change his diaper, feed him, and lay him back in his bassinet in our bedroom where he goes right back to sleep!
During the day he eats more frequently-about every 2 or 2.5 hours. He has good periods of awake time where we get to enjoy him! Since he's so happy, we have already started doing tummy time-which he actually seems to enjoy (in moderation)! Then he takes several naps during the day, as well. He's such a happy baby that we are just really enjoying every minute with him!
Everyone always asks about Clayton's older brothers and sister...they're still doing great with him! I haven't seen a single sign of jealousy...unless it's Nora Kate being jealous that someone else is getting to hold Clayton. I really expected some jealousy from Nora Kate as we made the adjustment, but I've been pleasantly surprised! This past week she has started referring to Clayton as "our baby." She will say things like, "Our baby doesn't cry!" "Our baby is SO cute! Look at those tiny little toes!" and "Our baby loves me!" Dawson and Carter have fallen in love with "our baby" as well! Dawson is so sweet to always kiss him before he leaves for school and after he gets home-with no prompting-he just wants to do this! I think it's so sweet. Carter was the first one to discover how sweet Clayton smells, and I catch Carter smelling his head as he cuddles and holds him! They're all so sweet to Clayton!
And, another bonus to spending so much time at home recently...plenty of time to take pictures...so here they are!
Tiny baby big chair!
Meeting aunt Emily and Hailey
Clayton is starting to hold his head up more! Must be the practice he's getting during tummy time!
We still can't tell what color his eyes are...although John and I both think they're looking (maybe) brown?

No comments:
Post a Comment