Friday, October 26, 2018

Clayton's 2nd Birthday Party was a BALL

As Clayton's second birthday neared, we thought over many possible themes based around things and activities he loves!  We kept coming back to how much Clayton loves every boy-ish thing...sticks, rocks, and balls!  Whether it's a soccer ball, basketball, or football...he loves to kick it, hit it, or throw it!  As soon as he runs out the kitchen door into the garage the first thing he goes for is our giant bucket of balls!  Favorite toy!  So we decided a ball themed second birthday party would be terrific for our two year old!  
I LOVE having birthday parties in our backyard, but March weather can be SO hit or miss.  I knew there was no way we would be able to move our ball-themed activities into our house (safely) if the weather was bad, so we decided to rent out Springbrook Gym!  It's funny because I hadn't been in that gym in YEARS!  As a kid, I attended numerous birthday parties in that gym run by Parks and Rec and guess what-I don't think it's changed AT.ALL.  So it was kind of fun having his party there...and it worked out absolutely perfect for a bunch of rowdy kids to run and have a BALL in the wide open gym!

Clayton's cake turned out to be way more involved that it looks or than I had planned it to be.  I thought a simple two level cake with primary colored balls bouncing all over would be pretty simple, but this ended up being way more time consuming due to the first batch of frosting not setting up right, but I was thrilled with how it turned out.  The balls sticking out of the top are edible too!





Clayton's party favors to his guests were BALLS!

Instead of gifts for Clayton, we asked for donations for the church food pantry.


Clayton LOVES LOVES LOVES water beads, and I figured water beads are balls so why not fill up the water table with waterbeads at the party.  We put it on the quilt to cut down on slipping.  The kids ALL loved the water beads.


I tried to keep all the food "ball" themed...these are rice krispy balls...but instead of rice crispy cereal they're made with frutty cereal balls!


Cheese balls are a no-no at our house (I know I'm no fun, but they're not healthy and SOOO messy), so it's the ultimate party food/treat! Haha! And, since they're balls they fit perfect with the food theme!

Clayton loves fruit...grapes were balls and blackberries too!


Clayton was on the go the entire party.  He took full advantage of the gym to run an play.  It was hard to get good pictures of him he was moving SO MUCH!

Can you tell we bribed Clayton for this picture with grapes?!  He has a grape in his mouth and hand!  This boy will do just about anything for food! 

Clayton trying out the bouncy balls I had put around everywhere!

Of course, you can't have a ball party without bringing the ball pit!





Clayton looks like he's about to shoot the ball in this picture! LOVE IT!





Everyone singing happy birthday to Clayton

Clayton blowing out his candle


Clayton loves WATER BEADS

Clayton AND Zoe had fun with the water beads!

Clayton has some sweet friends and family.  Even though we said no gifts, Clayton still received several gifts.  We brought them home after the party, had the kids take baths and let Clayton open them in his pajamas.

Clayton loves this ball he got!

Clayton got a tractor book that makes sounds...his brothers were so sweet to sit and read it to him immediately!

Clayton's birthday party was our first kid birthday party without Pop.  I continually thought of how he always did so much to help with the kids' parties-even silly stuff that was over the top that I liked to do.
Clayton was blessed to have lots of great friends and family who could come- like the Johnson family, the Coppenger family, Lolly, Nana, Grandad, Aunt Emily, Eric, Zoe, Zachary.
Clayton LOVED his party.  The theme and location suited him perfectly!
I just can't believe our sweet Mr. Baby is TWO!

No comments: