The first Saturday of the month, John had to work inventory at work. It ended up being the perfect time for the kids to cash in their play certificates Lolly and Pop had given then for Christmas to the AirBounce! We got there when they opened and had it to ourselves for about the first hour! SCORE! The had a blast and got out lots of wiggles!
Even Mr. Baby had fun there practicing his cruising skills!
then we played a few of the games after bouncing for a few hours!

Do all babies love pancakes?! All of my babies have! This is our "I'm so excited to eat pancakes face!"
Dawson's first elementary school field trip-complete with school bus ride and all. This was a HUGE deal to Dawson. Back in the fall when the wild fires were blazing in the Smokey Mtns his fall field trip to Cades Cove was canceled due to the fires. He was SO disappointed. John had planned to go with him on the trip and promised to attend the next field trip. In April he got to! All the first grades from Dawson's school visited the Knoxville Zoo! Here he is with his group! John helped chaperone Dawson's group which Dawson LOVED!! He was so, so happy! They had absolutely beautiful zoo weather too.
John text me this picture of him from the fieldtrip hah!
tDawson has started Boy Scouts. One of his first official projects is making this Trimaran for the Raingutter Regatta. He and John built it, Dawson painted it, and then I cut a vinyl decal that he and I applied together to make it look like a pirate ship at his request. Here he is painting it.
Soccer was in full swing this month and Carter is having fun every minute! He's so competitive and loves scoring, of course!
Easter Morning
Easter morning...obviously before we had done our hair!
First bite of Easter candy. His Easter basket had a few M and M's in it and he was so sweet eating them! Look at that M and M face!
Well, we got paged to come get Clayton out of nursery on Easter Sunday because he was crying. We live so close to church that I just took him home and then went back to pick up John and the kids after Sunday School. While we were home alone I took advantage of Clayton in his Easter suit to take a few pictures!
Because I love tradition...Dawson, Carter, and Clayton all wore this same suit for Easter as babies. I made new bowties though so all the boys could match and match NK and I.
I love this sweet boy so much!
After church we went to Lolly and Pop's for our annual Easter lunch and Easter Egg hunt. Clayton wanted Uncle Logan to hold him, so I snapped this picture.
Our family Easter 2017
Of course, I was hoping they would climb trees in their Easter clothes! AGH! Haha
Then we changed their clothes and let them hunt eggs! Lots of fun!
Clayton was perfectly content with one Easter egg...there were lots and lots more, but as long as he had one egg to hold he was happy!
We went to the zoo a few times this month. The weather was great for the zoo and it's so fun now that Clayton is really able to see animals too. The meerkats were entertaining to watch!
they got Clayton pretty excited! He was yelling with excitement at them!
these Gibbons are also always one of our favorites!
They come to the glass, put their hands on your's. So neat
this Gibbon looked at Clayton, ran back to a corner of his exhibit and grabbed a stuffed animal, put it on his back, and carried it over to the glass and starred at Clayton. Carter and NK thought this was hilarious!
LOVE Zoo days....they think we always have to take a picture on the lion
...and by these Maccaws
Clayton enjoyed the Wee Play area inside too.
We love board books-especially touch and feels
Another trip to Dollywood!
Clayton and Daddy on the carousel
the last time we went to Dollywood Dawson was so big and brave and wanted to ride the Blazing Fury (indoor roller coaster in the dark). Well, Carter can never be outdone, so this time when we went he wanted to ride it! I think he has enjoyed the bragging rights that have come with it since, more than he enjoyed the actual ride-but he did ride it with me and he enjoyed it!
Nora Kate really wanted to ride but she was about an inch too short. She was disappointed but was a big girl about it and said "maybe I'll grow, Mama!"
then she was instantly cheered up when we saw her favorite-THE CHICKEN LADY! Here she is making her chicken wings with the Miss Lillian the Chicken Lady.
the Zorio family now requires our own pig on the pigs ride!
Clayton LOVES being able to ride the pigs and the bees!
the tea cups!
this face...any time we ask for a picture we get this face...when we asked for a picture of him at Dollywood, this is what we got.
Remember our Donald Trump Chia Pet we "planted" on Presidents Day as a project...well, it is doing well! Cracks me up every time I look at it. The kids are really enjoying it too...so funny.
Dawson is now officially a Cub Scout.
Another Zoo visit...this time we met our friends Andrea and Olivia there!
the sand area is always a fun stop at the zoo.
Coloring Easter Eggs
They say you get more relaxed with each kid you have. This must be true because I allowed Carter to go to preschool one morning wearing these three stickers on his face. I know for a fact I would have never let Dawson do this, but by the same note Dawson would have never wanted to. Carter has still been being emotional about leaving me for preschool some mornings, so when he seemed happy and silly wanting to wear these stickers to school, I didn't burst his bubble.
Palm Sunday after church.
John took the kids to the duck pond while I was at a baby shower one Sunday afternoon. They fed the ducks and then they used a minnow trap Dawson made at boy scouts to catch a bunch of minnows!
The baby shower I went to with girls from Sunday School
Dawson was so excited to show me the minnows he caught when I got home from the baby shower.
Carter has spent years matching Dawson, and was so so excited to match Clayton.
Clayton loves the sandbox.
this is the face we make when we eat sand! Every time he plays in the sand he puts some in his mouth-we are still learning!
More and more soccer for this little soccer rocker this month!
Not sure how these pictures always get in such wacky order, but here are a few more from Dawson's field trip to the zoo.
tCarter's birthday party is a separate post, but on his actual birthday he had school for three hours and Dawson had a half day of school. He requested frozen chocolate chip waffles "like we had on vacation one time" for his birthday breakfast, so we had to go buy those and stick candles in them. He took a cookie cake to share with his class. We played at the park after they were both out of school, then grabbed Chick fil a for lunch...
and ate it at home with a candle in his nuggets
then we played in the pool because it was a nice warm day!
tWhen John got home from work we gave Carter his presents. His big present was his very own set of golf clubs. He is so excited! We also told him that he's going to get to go to the 3 day golf camp this summer! He's thrilled! He also had requested new bottle caps for his collection so we found glass bottles of Orange Crush and Purple Fizz he got those too!
When you get new golf clubs on your birthday which falls on the day before Good Friday and Daddy is off work on Good Friday...you HAVE to go golfing to test the clubs out! Carter was excited to have his own new set to golf with. Daddy and his big boys golfing!
then that afternoon we all went to the Easter Egg hunt at church.
tI have been running for almost a year now, but I decided I needed to step up my distances. I got up early one Saturday morning and decided to run as far as I could and John would come pick me up. A hour and 53 minutes later I was ready to be picked up 10 miles from our house! I felt so accomplished...and then wasn't too productive the rest of the day, as it was my longest run by far-ever! BUT it felt great!
Remember how I mentioned the Easter suit had been worn by all three boys?! Here they are side by side.
Dawson's Scout Project
Ready for the Raingutter Regatta.
tWe haven't had a garden since we moved from Alcoa to Maryville, and I've really missed doing this with the kids. This year I was determined to have one. John was really busy studying for his PHR exam, so the kids and I decided we could do this on our own! We found some wood in the attic that was here when we moved it and instead of getting rid of it we were able to use it to make the frame. We made two of these boxes.
then we began filling them.
tumble bears open gym play!
Our friend Lucy met us there to play. Nora Kate loves playing with her friend Lucy!
tI have tried to let the garden be a project that the kids do a lot with. They helped me get the wood from the attic, build the two squares, fill it with dirt, and then Dawson made these labels.
Dawson, Carter, and Nora Kate all helped plant seeds for cucumbers, squash, and zucchini.
tClayton has learned how to open the baby gates on the stairs and climb the stairs. This makes me SO NERVOUS!
Carter loves doing math worksheets!
Nora Kate looking extra sweet during naptime.
tDawson made a giant butterfly craft at school. Nora Kate saw it, put it in her hair, and said "Look at this hairbow Dawson made me!"
Carter checking to see if the rain made our garden grow!
Another visit to Dollywood!
Several of our friends from Alabama were staying in Pigeon Forge for the weekend. Their cabin was literally 5 minutes from the Dollywood parking lot, and so we HAD to go visit them. It was perfect because we were super hot from Dollywood, and we got to go swimming at their cabin! Above Carter and NK made themselves right at home-hah!
One of my good friends, Kelly, with their newest addition Ruby. We sadly haven't gotten to see them since July 2015, and since they we had Clayton and they had Ruby! We were so excited to see several friends from Alabama while we were there-I wish I had taken a few more pictures! We loved getting to see the Houghs, Novacks, and Waterburys....it was so fun getting to visit, swim, and watch all of our kids play together. The whole way home from our visit we talked about how much we miss all these great friends-hopefully it won't be so long before we get to see them all again!!
I think that wraps up April! So much fun was packed in just these 30 days!






































































No comments:
Post a Comment