Saturday, June 3, 2017

March 2017

Remember how I said February was so yucky with illness and germs, well March was better...for the most part!  I had been looking forward to March after that yucky February, and it started with a party!

Our good friend Charlie Gibson was turning 7 and we had fun celebrating him at his football themed party!  Dawson and Charlie


And I can never get too much of looking back at these old pictures....so here's Dawson and Charlie now and when they were both 1 and in Alabama.

And here they are when we first moved to Tennessee and Dawson was 2 and Charlie 1.  Love how they've been friends forever!  The party was lots of fun!

We had a rough morning one day, at this point I can't even remember what caused the rough morning...isn't it funny how that works...now I only remember the good that came out of it...so to cheer up Carter and NK I downloaded the snapchat app...Well they laugh and laugh every time we "play" on it.  This picture above was one of our personal favorites.  (In the future when the kids read this-as I hope they do, snapchat uses filters to make you look different and funny.  It's a hoot!)  

Remember our President's Day project from last month?  The Donald Trump Chia?  Well, it's growing and it's hysterical!  It sits in the middle of our kitchen table (now there's something you don't get to see on HGTV) but that's where the kids like to have it so we can talk about how much it's growing at every.single.meal!

March weather was all over the place-we had some warm days and some SUPER chilly days.  We took advantage of the warm days though!
Here was a park day!




Mr. Baby's personality is starting to shine through...he's a silly one!

When Carter's at school for his 3 hours 2 days a week NK calls this "Girl Time".  When Clayton does his morning nap it's just me and her and she wants to do girl things.  She loves loves loves trying on my old ballet costumes....and I LOVE IT TOO!!

This particular day she put on a little show for me in the costume!


When weather permits we play at the John Sevier Park after we pick up Carter from school....we love it!


sbClayton has still been sleeping in the Sleep Sack because I thought maybe at some point he would start sleeping better feeling all cozy in it....It's been 12 months and it's still not working and he's outgrown it.  This was the last day he wore it....now that he can stand up and cruise in it, I think it's time.  I remember him being so teeny tiny in this big sleep sack...now look at this big silly baby boy!  Love him so!
Oh, and notice all those teeth marks on the bed?!

ab Another reason I was looking forward to March was SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!  We didn't have a trip planned just lots of activities around our area...and I was so looking forward to just that.  Well, John suggested kind of last minute that we go back to Gatlinburg again this month and stay at our new favorite place-the Park Vista...and we all quickly agreed that this was an awesome idea!!!  So we made it happen!  One of the kids took this pic of me as we were driving to Gatlinburg and we had pulled over to look at a waterfall...you can't see the waterfall out the window, but you can see the water.  
We had an amazing time at the Park Vista again.  And again I didn't get many pictures because it's so hard to take the camera into the wet area of the water slides and pools and pop jets, but it really was a blast!!!!
The next morning we got up and had breakfast at the Pancake Pantry-yummy! Then we went to Dollywood.  It was pretty cold for it to be SPRING BREAK, but that worked out fine because it wasn't very crowded.
I put Clayton on rides for the first time and he loved them!

Clayton on the pigs for the first time ever!

I don't know if Clayton enjoyed the rides more OR if NK enjoyed "taking care" of Clayton on the rides more.




bWe decided to do something at Dollywood we had never done before....
The boys have been REALLY into rocks and gems lately and we have read bunches about them.  We decided to mine for gems...they loved it!!

Carter showing me one of his gems.

sbThe Dollywood day was the day before Clayton's first birthday...to my surprise he fell asleep in my arms while we were waiting on the Steel Drums show to begin.  (Spring Break was during Festival of Nations-hence the Steel Drums show).  He NEVER falls asleep in my arms anymore and so I had Carter snap a picture.  LOVE this moment...of course, when the steel drums show began he quickly woke up.
Our last  night of putting Clayton to bed before he turns one!
There may have been tears.....
.....not from Clayton.
Why do they grow so quickly?!

The next morning the kids and I made muffins and pancakes-Clayton's favorites-for his birthday.  We put a candle in each meal's food that day and sang to him.





bThe kids were so sweet.  They were so excited for his first birthday.  It was adorable.  They asked me if they could make something for Clayton in the living room...at first I cringed knowing it would be a mess, but then I saw what they made.....
they padded an area with pillows and soft blankets and told me they put all his favorite things in there-his favorite book (Little Blue Truck) open to his favorite page (this was so correct!), balls because he LOVES playing with balls, his play car & horse....they put so much thought into this that I had to leave this thoughtful mess in the living room all day.  And Clayton loved playing in his "area" too.

On his actual bday we went to the park to play.  He loved it!



sbThe kids said we should get Chickfila for his bday lunch...sounds great!
Here's his nugget with a candle.
He actually devoured 3 nuggest and fries and fruit.

sbAs I said the kids were super sweet about it being Clayton's bday, and Dawson laid out this homemade birthday card he had made for Mr. Baby.  SO SWEET!

bAlso on Spring break after our trip to Gatlinburg, celebrating Clayton's birthday, we went to the Muse-always a hit!!


Clayton, of course, had his one year check up and did great!

bClayton's birthday present from us was a car!
This car!

He loves "driving" it around!

Nana and Grandad got him this ballpit which everyone has enjoyed!

Dawson still loves to run, so I try to take him on short little 1 or 1.5 mile runs with me when it works out.  Here we are after a 1.5 mile run together.

Harper and Griffin came over to play one day! Always fun!
Can you tell they were all smitten with Griffin?!

When Dawson gets home from school he does homework, so Carter likes to practice math and handwriting during that time too.  Carter is always more excited about this than Dawson.  (And notice the Donald Trump Chia growing!?)

sbLolly gave the kids this suet box filled with string and yarn for birds to make nests out of.  They are pointing to it here.  They were excited to hang it up.  We finally saw 1 nest that had a couple of our strings in it...hopefully we will see more soon.

Soccer season has started for Carter...and he's loving it! I love watching him play something that he enjoys and is good at!



No comments: