Now that Clayton can go anywhere and everywhere we are thinking we need a gate to keep him in the playroom because even though that's where all the fun toys are he would rather go into every other room when I'm sitting on the floor in the playroom wanting to play with him. I know he loves his new-found freedom. The kids are really enjoying him being a walker now too.
Clayton LOVES his play push car - he rides in on our walks, and at Carter's birthday party, at the park, and I've been taking it to soccer games for him to sit/play in rather than the stroller. LOVES IT!
Clayton still loves books and is really enjoying all the touch and feel books now.
Our biggest focus this month other than walking has been working on weaning and drinking cow's milk and water from a cup. This is a doozie and I'm beginning to wonder if we will every get there-hah! I'm in no rush, but at the same time I wanted (for the sake of the 3 older kids) to have him weaned by summer break so we could easily be on the go doing fun outings every day. We will see if we get there or not. He's not sleeping through the night...well, if I'm completely honest he sleeps through the night about 2-3 times a month. I never know when he's going to do it. There's no rhyme or reason to it, so it's just a nice surprise when it happens! BUT I'm hoping that once he is weaned he will sleep through the night! So I've started trying to cut out feedings. The problem has been that when I cut one daytime nursing session he just wakes up an extra time that night which is rough (13 month olds should not get up 2 times a night!). He's such a happy baby though that I can't really complain! I think we will get there eventually. The funniest things I want to remember from this process of trying to wean Clayton are
-One day I had the boppy pillow that I feed him on downstairs because I had washed it, when he saw me carrying it, he started clapping!
-One day I put him in bed after lunch and a cup of milk without nursing him as I was trying to cut this particular feeding. I go downstairs turn on the monitor and we hear Clayton saying/yelling over and over again, "EAT! EAT! EAT!"
Clayton is so sweet, he has been giving kisses (open mouth on your cheek)!
He has also gotten to where he isn't happy in nursery at church...reminds me of Dawson at this age! We haven't stayed through early service AND Sunday School in weeks because we have been getting paged to come pick him up. When we get there he's crying, I pick him up, he stops and smiles....smart baby...he wins! BUT there will come a day not too long down the road where he won't look back when I drop him off at his class and then I'll wish I had someone crying after me....I know this because Carter and Nora Kate ask me every Sunday if they can walk themselves to their classroom like Dawson does. For now I will definitely take my sweet little baby needing his Mommy.
Clayton is on the move which made this months pictures quiet the challenge, but here they are...
these are from a weird angle because Clayton kept arching around and I was afraid he was going to fall forward out of the chair. He was being so wild and silly in this chair!
that hair! I just love having a baby with hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment