Clayton LOVES playing with his brothers and Nora Kate. When they're sitting to play and work on something he will go sit as close beside them as he possible can and just smile and smile. So sweet! They're really good and patient with him as well.
Clayton has been brushing up on his animal sounds this month too-hah! His very favorite is growling for a bear! He growls and then laughs and laughs. He also regularly will answer what does a horse, cow, dog, cat, bird, monkey, and dino say.
Clayton loves to sit on my lap and read. He will bring me book after book after book. So sweet, and I love this time that he's on my lap because he's usually on the move anymore. Clayton is very busy, and it seems like he's never still a moment, so these times he sits on my lap for a story, I just love.
Clayton continues to be a great eater. He will eat almost all fruits, veggies, and meat. He loves to ask for "food" or "'nack" (snack), or "eat" and is obviously growing well because of this haha!
He is a climber. Clayton climbs on everything it seems. How have all of my kids been climbers?! I actually think Clayton might be the worst though-he climbs on EVERYTHING! He's so sweet and so good though that it's easy to forgive haha.
Clayton has loved playing outside this summer. He loves the sandbox, and sometimes I just have to say no that we can't do the sandbox because his motto when it comes to the sand is to be one with the sand-hah! When he gets out of the sandbox he has it everywhere-in his hair, ears, pockets, everywhere! His other favorite thing is picking up sticks and carrying them around. We regularly have a little pile of sticks and twigs on the patio that he's been carrying around outside. This month John and I extended the playset area to hold the playhouse, and he has loved being able to play in it now. It's so cute to see his sweet little face looking through the windows and opening and closing the doors-he's so happy with this!
I can't believe it, but next month we will have a 1.5 year old!? But for now, here's Clayton at 17 months.
Book time with Mama!
Look at his sweet, little round finger pointing to the cat in this book.
This month I struggled to get his picture in the chair in his room. He was SO SO wild and wiggly that all the pictures were blurry. I ended up better pictures of Clayton eating a muffin in his highchair, so that's what I'm going to share on here this month. Maybe at 18 months we will have better luck getting his normal chair pictures.
walking on his own at the park with a stick...his favorite things.
Look at those sweet little legs!









No comments:
Post a Comment