On August 14th, Nora Kate turned FOUR! She has looked forward to turning four because all last year when Carter went to preschool, I told her that she could start preschool when she was four. Well, it just so happened that that statement couldn't have been more true. Her first day of preschool actually ended up being on her 4th birthday, so in her mind that made perfect sense!
Nora Kate loved being a birthday princess (they had a birthday crown for her to wear at school on her birthday) on the very first day of school. Nora Kate loved her first day of preschool! She took cupcakes to share with her classmates for her birthday.
Nora Kate's 4 year old check up went well. She is still in the 90th percentile for height and weight. I'm not sure why but Nora Kate is always so excited to go to the doctor for checkups. I honestly just thinks she likes the attention-hah!
At four years old Nora Kate is super girly, but she can also totally keep up with her brothers and hold her own. She is very particular in how she likes things to be done, and will confidently correct her brothers if they haven't done something the right way. For example, I taught the kids to sort their own laundry in the winter, and if she sees someones shirt in the wrong color hamper, she wants to call their attention to it immediately and have them fix it! Haha. I used to joke to John that she was our free spirit, but in these last six months I can't be certain that this is true anymore as she is so particular in how certain things are done. Many times though I can perfectly identify with her feelings when she knows the exact way she wants something and then someone does it another way (even if it's another way that works)... I feel like she is with me in this way, that she still wants to go back and "fix it."
Nora Kate LOVES everything fancy, glittery, and pretty. She loves Claire's, Bath and Body Works, lipgloss, fingernail polish, hairbows, dolls, purses, and taking care of Clayton. She is also brave. I'm not sure why, but the boys absolutely do not like to go upstairs or be upstairs by themselves when everyone else is downstairs, Nora Kate on the other hand-doesn't mind a bit. She even will volunteer to go get items from upstairs for the boys and say, "I'll get it because I'm not afraid!" Haha!
Nora Kate says that when she grows up she wants to be a Mama and a mermaid. I love that she wants to be a Mama! Her favorite book is still Fancy Nancy Books! She loves playing dollhouse and will spend tons of time playing it with me and arranging and rearranging the furniture over and over!
Nora Kate loves her brother so very much. On some non-school nights we let her have sleepovers in Dawson and Carter's room. This is always a big treat. She always tells me that she gets lonely because no one lives with her (aka shares her room), and when we first let her do a sleepover it got canceled after 20 minutes of her talking nonstop and keeping the boys awake. But after a couple of tries she has done great sleeping on the semi-trundle mattress under their bunk beds. She now loves it, and the boys love it too. So sweet. She has a sweet relationship with Clayton too. Nora Kate is beyond patient with Clayton, and loves to teach him things and cuddle him.
At 4 I would describe Nora Kate as sweet, feisty, talkative, opinionated (in a good way-she always knows what she wants to do/play/etc), brave (she now goes on rides at Dollywood that I can't believe she's brave enough to do like the Blazing Fury-she's going to be our roller coaster rider for sure), and bubbly! I love this sweet girl so much! FOUR has come way to quickly, but FOUR is going to be a fun year for this big girl!
She wanted a yogurt and biscuit with butter for her birthday breakfast.
Cupcakes to share with her preschool class on her birthday.
I just love all the personality that shows in this picture!
Nora Kate's preschool teacher sent me this picture of Nora Kate in her class on the first day/her birthday wearing the birthday tiara! How appropriate that I made her first day of school shirt with a tiara saying "Preschool Princess." Haha!
Lolly and Pop brought Nora Kate 4 Dunkin Donuts on her birthday with four candles for dessert...She ate one and shared the other three with her three brothers-perfect!
Blow our the Donut candles and make a wish!
I still think of Nora Kate as this little baby (our smallest baby at seven pounds), how is she FOUR!?









No comments:
Post a Comment