Just a few days before Christmas, Clayton reached the 21st month mark. His vocabulary seems to be growing each day now. Some of his more recent additions to his vocabulary include: thank you, tree, oh my, Lolly, Nana, Grandad, Dawson, Carter, baby, hot, snow, and many more! Our favorite phrase for Clayton to say is, "Oh my!" He says it with such inflection and in a deeper voice than usual, and we just laugh and laugh which makes him say it more. So cute and funny! He also says it at appropriate times making it even funnier-for example, he spilled a cup of water and said, "Oh my!" at just the right moment.
His favorite song for me to sing is "Wheels on the Bus" and he will say "round and round, round and round, round and round." Then when we get to the horn on the bus, he's always very excited to say, "beep, beep, beep." Speaking of beep, beep, beep...any time he gets anyone's car keys he knows to push the red button to make their car horn beep-he thinks this is HILARIOUS and tries to get any keys he can see and push the button.
I was concerned that he might struggle to leave the Christmas tree alone this year, but he has done really well. He has enjoyed looking at it and definitely enjoyed touching the tree and ornaments, but for the most part he has been gentle and just looked at it.
In this 21st month, Clayton has become a lot more generous with his kisses. He makes a dramatic "mmmmuuuuah" noise when he kisses. So sweet. At first we had to be careful because it was like he would forget what he was doing sometimes and a kiss would accidentally be a BITE-ouch! Thankfully, he quickly learned. He has also mastered blowing a kiss which is pretty adorable-especially paired with the dramatic "muah" sound he makes!
Clayton always has been and still is a great eater. This month he has gotten really good at opening door knobs, and I have struggled to keep him out of the pantry-now he has been trying to help himself to a snack! I had to put a childproof doorknob on the pantry to try to control some of his snack-sneaking. Haha!
I've been having him help me clean up toys more when we are done, and he's gotten good about putting things back in their baskets with me. When we find a piece of trash I will ask him to take it to the can, and he proudly does! The sweet, proud little look on his face is so cute.
I think I many have mentioned last month in his update that he had been trying to come out of his room at nap time, well we finally go that under control. I guess it was pretty boring since he couldn't escape, so he found something new to do...stand on the back of the over-sized chair in his room and hit the window! AHH! So dangerous! Since there was no other good spot for the chair in his room, and since we don't really use it for anything in his room now that he's weaned, we took it out for his safety. I feel like he's much safer without the chair since he was acting so dangerously with it, but his room does look very empty without the big chair. I'm sure it won't be long before we transition him to a twin bed and he can be more responsible with other furniture and not STAND dangerously on everything.
As I mentioned above, Clayton is a good eater. One funny quirk he has started this month is not wanting us to break any of his food apart. For example he wants the whole granola bar, he doesn't want it broken into pieces or even broken in half-the same with bread, bananas, really almost anything. He wants it all together. Clayton has amazed us with his spoon abilities this month-he had been spooning himself Greek yogurt and doing really well, but this month he learned how to feed himself Cheerios in milk with a spoon-and he does this relatively cleanly! I couldn't believe it!
Even though I sit on the floor and play all day long and entertain and Clayton's happy, as soon as Clayton hears the garage door go up every evening he squeals loudly with delight and starts yelling, "Daddy!" He gets so excited for John to come home, and then he only wants Daddy the rest of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment