Clayton celebrated his 2nd Halloween in this 20th month, and thanks to trick-or-treating he learned a new word, "candy." There have been many, many requests for candy this month now that he knows!
During this month we had company visit from Alabama and we went on a short hike with them to Look Rock. This was the first time in a month or two that I wore Clayton in the Ergo carrier-and WHEW! he has gotten a lot heavier. It wasn't bad, it was just a moment of realizing how much he has grown in just a short period of time! Despite having grown since his last ride in the Ergo, he was happy to ride/be carried/worn in it.
Clayton continues to do well sleeping in his toddler bed, but has snuck out of his room a couple of times at nap. I think we have this under control now, but I was so surprised when he came out of his room-and he was so proud of himself. The toddler bed has brought some new-found freedom, but for the most part he's doing pretty well with the transition.
Clayton loves to play with all of his siblings, but there's something special about Nora Kate-he is always thrilled to play with her. She's really good about sitting and playing with him sweetly and patiently, and he loves this. He will sit on her lap, and it's so sweet.
Other random notes I want to remember from Clayton at this age:
-He loves to dance. When the music moves him it starts with his head from side to side, then bouncing up and down. Sometimes he even dances to the "beat" of the washing machine or dishwasher.
-He's LOUD! He talks so loud...always.
-He LOVES books...his favorite is STILL Little Blue Truck but he's branched out to picking Eric Carle books sometimes on his own too.
-He loves getting to do Color Wonder Markers at the kitchen table.
At 20 months, Clayton is sweet, silly, smart, and a little wild! We love our precious Mr. Baby!
We seriously struggled to get a single good picture of Mr. Always Moving Baby in the chair for 20 months. Instead of posting these blurry pictures of him trying to escape the chair, I'm posting a few fun ones from his 20th month.
One morning while NK was at school Clayton came into the laundry room where I was, and he was wearing her tiara...I guess he decided touake a turn with it while she was at school.
He loves exploring at the Muse.
...and he loves dumping EVERYTHING out in the playroom. ahhh!
...and he's way too brave.
...but oh, so cute and sweet!
...and a cool dude!









No comments:
Post a Comment