Monday, January 30, 2017

Clayton is 10 Months

On January 21st, Clayton turned 10 months old.  The past month has been a big one for Mr. Baby!  I had mentioned numerous times that I REALLY hoped it wouldn't start truly crawling until AFTER Christmas (so that I wouldn't have to worry about the danger of him and the Christmas tree).  Well, Clayton must have heard me, because on December 26th-the day after Christmas-Clayton hadn't been up for even an hour when he started crawling.  And he crawled straight to the Christmas tree...which we took down along with the rest of our decorations that very day!  He is SO SO happy to be fully mobile to go check out everything he's been looking at from afar for months!  It is adorable to see his little round body crawling across the carpet.  So officially Clayton started crawling at 9months+5days.  The funny thing is that he LOVES to crawl off of the carpet on to the hardwood floors in the foyer of our house.  We can ALL be sitting on the carpeted playroom floor with Clayton playing, and Clayton will crawl away to be on the hardwood floor! Silly boy!  
Now that Clayton can crawl from toy to toy he's really been enjoying his toys this month!  He got lots of great things for Christmas, and has been enjoying every thing!
His very favorite book is Little Blue Truck.  If he sees me sit down with that particular book, he will just smile and smile and get close to me to look at the pictures while I read.  It's so sweet to see how much he likes this one particular book.  
Clayton now has 4 teeth...almost 5.  The fifth one is barely under his gums, so it will be through any day now I'm sure.  
Clayton usually wakes up still one or two times each night, so we still aren't sleeping through the night.  I have confidence we will get there (one day) though!  Clayton nurses about 5 times in a 24 hour period of time, and now is eating 3 meals AND snacks each day.   He LOVES yogurt like his siblings.  He also likes pancakes or oatmeal for breakfast.  He eats the baby food I make for lunch and dinner-usually meat, veggies, and a fruit.  He WILL NOT eat the meat baby food by itself.  I have to mix it in with his veggie (for example, last night he had peas and chicken mixed together).  But if I cut off a few bits of meat from what I'm eating he will eat that on its own .  With four teeth and a very BIG interest in what me, John, and his siblings are eating-I think Clayton may be eating what we eat before too long at all.  Snacks are usually yogurt, puffs, cheerios, or maybe a couple of crackers.  Clayton barely drinks any water, which I am REALLY REALLY trying to work on.  We have a wide range of cups that we have tried for him, and he just won't drink of out of them.  The big kids have their Thermos cups with straws that I would have never dreamed of giving a baby, but he actually will drink a teeny, tiny amount from these.  Sometimes after he gets the water in his mouth he just spits it out-it's like he doesn't like water.  This seems ridiculous, but in an effort just to start getting him used to water-I've been letting him drink water out of my big Yeti cup-this way he probably drinks about an ounce of water a day.  I know that he needs to drink WAY more water than this especially as he nears his first birthday, but I'm really working on it so hopefully he will just change his mind about water very soon!  We haven't given him anything else out of a cup-so I can't say whether it's that he doesn't like water or that he doesn't like cups.  Either way, we've got a little work to do on this.
One really sweet thing that Clayton has started doing this month is giving kisses!  He leans really close to your face, opens his mouth as wide as he can, and puts his open mouth on your cheek-the sweetest (wettest) kiss! SO sweet.  Melts our hearts every time.  
Now that Clayton's on the move, all he wants to do is crawl, crawl, crawl.  So this month has been spent keeping up with Clayton as he is a speed crawler.  We are loving watching our sweet baby grow and learn so many things!


Now that we are mobile we really don't want to lay still for a picture! :)

His hair is getting so long!
And, it's funny...as curly as Nora Kate's hair is, his is straight! SO STRAIGHT!



In every ultrasound Clayton had his ankles crossed, and he still ALWAYS crosses his ankles like this!  He does it in the bath tub even!


Everyone was very silly for the pictures.  Clayton was trying his best.



LOVE these four so very much!


No comments: