Monday, January 30, 2017

Clayton is NINE MONTHS

As of December 21st Clayton is now 9 months old.  He is so, so, so close to crawling.  I selfishly hope he will hold off until after Christmas to actually crawl because of the Christmas tree!  Even though he's not officially crawling, he can roll like crazy! He looks which way he wants to go and lays over and rolls.  There have been numerous times that I've run in the kitchen to check dinner in the oven and run back to the playroom to find Clayton missing.  In a matter of 30 seconds he has rolled from the playroom into the foyer or even further through the foyer and into the dining room!  He's a roller!!!  But he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks a lot so I know it's only a matter of time before he's really on the move with crawling.  
Here are a few random things that are probably only important to a Mommy to remember...
-Clayton LOVES having his teeth brushed!  He gets excited when he sees his toothbrush!
-When you're snuggling him, he loves to lean his forehead against your forehead and make the sweetest little expression.
-Loves clapping his hands and looks to me to say "YAY" when he claps!
Still loves sucking his thumb...only the left one.  
-When he gets sleepy he sucks his left thumb and uses his right hand to play with his own hair or the hair of whoever is holding him.
-He's up 2-3 times a night right now to eat.  
-We have introduced meat to his diet.  He likes it as long as it's mixed with something else.
-Enjoys his exersaucer, johnny jumper, and walker.
-Has become a speed walker in his walker in the kitchen...the bruises on the back of my heels can vouch for the force with which he propels the walker across the kitchen floor.
-Clayton is signing "more" when he eats more and more lately.  I finally managed to get a video of his round little hands doing the sign.
-Clayton is still rear facing obviously, but is also still in his infant carseat rather than the convertible carseat his siblings had moved to by this age.  He doesn't seem to mind it, so I've just left him in it.  I've got to keep him a little baby as long as possible! 
-Clayton constantly is doing "motorcycle hands."  I LOVE watching his little hands busy all the time.
-Until this month Clayton had been staying with us at church rather than going to nursery.  John and I would pass him back and forth during church and Sunday School and he was generally happy to be on our laps being held.  Well this month he got squirmier and squirmier.  I think this goes hand in hand with the fact that he was trying to learn to crawl.  One Sunday we just couldn't keep him still anymore because he wanted down on the floor.  I took him to nursery, and he was perfect! No tears, played, smiled, cuddled, did great!  Since that Sunday he's been going to nursery ever since and he is happier.

Clayton did have a 9 month check up which went great and required NO shots!  He weighed 22 pounds 2 ounces and was 28.5 inches long at the appointment.  This all puts him in about the 90th percentile.

This month was a little bit of a struggle to get the pictures, so they're a little lacking compared to normal.  Clayton was happy, but he kept squirming and arching to try to get off laps and out of the floor to roll around.  So for the sake of safety we just wrapped up the pictures more quickly than I had originally planned.  Maybe next month we will do the pictures when he has a little less energy-HAHA!  

Our sweet 9 month old baby boy!



No comments: