On November 14th, Dawson had his half birthday! Our big boy is now seven AND A HALF! I cannot believe it-that sounds so big! Dawson continues to be a joy. He is a please-er and really truly desires to do the right thing and to please us and his teachers. His teachers always tell us that he is quiet at school, but he is NOT at home! He is and has always been a talker. They say at school he talks to his friends, but knows when to be quiet, so I guess that's the best of both worlds. He is definitely a "takes things in" kind of kid who will watch something unfold, taking it all in, then talk about it or join in later.
Dawson is also a HUGE HUGE help to me and our family. I do rely on him as a helper and of course he has his own chores, but he just helps me and our family on a regular basis without being asked. He knows when I'm about to feed Clayton and lots of times the boppy pillow I use to feed Clayton will just "show up" downstairs saving me the trip up to get it. Dawson will then smile and said he did it. Lots of little things like this. I always try to make sure they do not go unnoticed because he is so thoughtful and sweet to do these acts of service without being asked!
Dawson is an amazing big brother...which is great since THREE people will call him big brother! That's a big job. It's sweet to see how he fulfills this role differently with each sibling. He shares a room with Carter. Back in the summer the boys got bunk beds. Dawson being the oldest, naturally claimed the top and he LOVES his bunk bed!!
He also loves playing outside more than just about anything. The John Deere gator he got when he was three is still a BIG hit! He drives that thing all over the yard. Dawson loves coming up with projects to do outside too. He's all the time hauling something, moving something, or making something outside. Such a boy!
Dawson's reading has really taken off even more this year at school so far. I am continually impressed by the books he reads. Dawson is enjoying the first grade. He says his favorite part of the day is recess or gym if it's a gym day-also typical boy answers, I think! He has his sweet friend from church and kindergarten in his class along with two other students from his kindergarten class. He has also made lots of new friends in his class this year as well.
Dawson is our big boy these days! He's so thoughtful and helpful and kind. We love our big 7 AND A HALF year old so much!
He still has his Panda!
Seven and a half!
No comments:
Post a Comment