On November 21st Clayton reached the eight month milestone! He is so very loved by his entire family. The kids are so, so excited that Clayton is actively trying to crawl every day. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks and rocks, but then just lunges forward to his tummy. BUT he is an amazing roller-he rolls EVERYWHERE he wants to go. Long distances and fast too! He has found a way to get around, even if it's not crawling just yet. The kids keep saying "watch! he's trying to crawl!" all the time though and getting excited to see him crawl.
There's no check up at the 8th month milestone, but I attempted to weigh him at home and he's right around 21 pounds. His sweet little legs, hands, arms, and tummy are getting rounder and I just LOVE it!!! Nothing like round baby legs!
Clayton still continues to be a great nurser. He nurses about 6-7 times in a 24 hour period of time and eats 2 good meals although we are about to introduce more of a breakfast. He loves all of his food although sometimes he's not as thrilled with peas or greenbeans-partially due to texture, I think. I've continued to make all of his food which I really enjoy doing. This month I also made him the biter biscuits that I made for the other kids. He seems to enjoy them more than any of the others did-maybe because he actually has teeth to use to bite them! Hah!
Clayton is still not sleeping through the night on a regular basis, he may sleep through the night 2 or 3 times in a 4 week period of time. Nothing reliable. But he's still a GREAT napper in the day time and at night when he's up he always goes right back to sleep after eating which is SUPER!
He's a good little cuddler too, and his siblings love this-especially Nora Kate. She continues to treat him as her baby and I just love watching her with him.
Clayton is at a fun stage right now where he really can enjoy lots of things. He LOVES his exersaucer, johnny jumper -and boy can he jump!- and walker!
Clayton continues to be the absolute happiest baby. I just wish he could grow up a little slower so we could enjoy all of these stages just a little longer.
Sweet sister snuggles
Biter biscuits cooling
First biter biscuit
More baby food headed into the freezer!
8 months and all smiles!
Look at those legs!
and teeth!



No comments:
Post a Comment