Monday, January 9, 2017

Clayton is 5 Months!

Our sweet baby is already FIVE MONTHS OLD?!  He is the happiest baby I have ever seen!  Clayton is all smiles all the time.  His brothers and sister get the biggest smiles out of him, of course, but he smiles at everyone all the time!  Clayton rarely ever cries....we know if he is crying something is really wrong.  Even when he wakes up in the night to eat, instead of crying we just hear him grunting and grunting and making noises that get louder and louder, but rarely every crying. 

Clayton is also a happy car rider.  He can easily see Nora Kate, Carter, and Dawson from his rear facing seat, so he has more entertainment that he knows what to do with!  Clayton LOVES watching his siblings all the time!
As I mentioned last month, Clayton does not take a pacifier.  He prefers to suck his thumb....his left thumb.  It's so sweet.  We have never had a thumb sucker before, so I'm sure it will bring it's own challenges as we eventually have to break the habit, but for now I love seeing him poke that round little thumb in his mouth.  So sweet!  It's also nice not always having to remember if we have a pacifier in the diaper bag, car, etc.  Thumbs are much more convenient!

I think Clayton slept through the night two times this month...yay!  The majority of the nights he got up 2 times-occasionally 3 times to eat.  Thankfully even though we are still not sleeping through the night, he does just wake up, get a diaper change, eat, and then I lay him right back in bed and he goes back to sleep on his own.  So we aren't awake for long period of time each feeding at night.

We moved Clayton to sleeping in his crib in his own room this month.  First of all he was WAY to big for the bassinet and had moved to sleeping in the pack and play which honestly just doesn't seem as comfy to me, and second because we thought he might sleep better not being near us.  Well, it didn't help him sleep any better, but he seems to do equally well in his crib in his bedroom. 

His daytime schedule is to wake for the day around 7:30.  Then nap from about 9:30-11.  Then another nap from 1/1:30-3/3:30.  He's a good napper and amazes me at what noises he can sleep through.  His afternoon nap aligns with Carter's and Nora Kate's, but during morning nap he's the only one sleeping and it's usually loud with the kids playing but he never seems to get woken up by them!  Then he goes to bed at night at 7:30. 

This month's big development was ROLLING!  Clayton can now roll over, and he loves his new "trick!" The kids are always amazed and cheer him on each time he does it...it's so sweet!!  In honor of him being able to roll now, we had to take a picture in his "Ready to Roll" outfit!




Clayton's first trolley ride in Downtown Knoxville.  See his little leg and head poking out of the Ergo baby carrier I'm wearing.


The Knoxville Museum of Art is in the Clayton Building...so we had to get a picture.  Clayton looks less than amused (blame the bright sun).


What's tummy time without entertainment.  These two are always happy to provide entertainment. 




We brought out the walker this month too!
He loves it, and can only go in reverse at this point.
The kids think it's hilarious that he "backs up," but I remind them that this was exactly what they all did first in the walker too!

Now that Clayton is a regular roller, he rolls over to sleep on his tummy every.single.time I put him in bed for a nap or night time.  I think it's sweet how he has a preference.  He loves to sleep on his tummy just like this, you can see his left thumb in his mouth, and his right hand is rubbing his hair as he goes to sleep.  Oh, I love this sweet little picture of him sleeping.


We started Clayton on rice cereal and then baby oatmeal cereal this month.
His first time eating we took a few pictures and let everyone have a turn feeding him.  (Nora Kate was freshly up from nap-hence the hairstyle).
Clayton loved the food, and everyone loved being part of the excitement of feeding him for the first time!









And now for our traditional, monthly pictures...
I'm not going to lie, getting this month's pictures was the biggest struggle.  Now that Mr. Baby (as Nora Kate still sweetly calls Clayton), but now that Mr. Baby can roll he didn't really want to sit propped up in the corner of the chair.  He kept arching his back to slink down to be on his back so he could try to roll.  The kids thought this was hilarious and got really silly before their group pictures. 
I do LOVE some of their true expressions I caught this month though because they were all so tickled from laughing at how Mr. Baby was so wild during my attempt at his picture!
Here they are...











No comments: